Dolby Atmos Sound bar/ System ,Budget 2 Lakh for Movie watching

saifucmp

Hi All,

I would like to set up a Dolby Atmos home theater by using Sound bar with Bass module and surround bar.Main purpose is to watch movies/series . I have a budget of 2-2.25 lakh.

I have shortlisted below and seeking advise form you experts to set up a better system with by budget. ( Prefer wireless connectivity with surround speakers )

1. Sonos Arc sound bar with Bass module and surround speakers
2. Bose 900 sound bar with Bass module and surround speakers

Regards,
saifu

please remove Bose and please do not make the mistake of going with Bose..The reasons are ---

1. Promises Atmos but when u check you will find DTS 2.0 and 5.1. Still they are working on to remove the flaws.
2. Automaticaly the system will get disconnected from your TV and u will spend minutes to again re-configure.

Short is its a pain..buy anything but not Bose./

Add Sennheiser Ambeo to the list as well.

JBL also has a sound bar with detachable wireless speakers that has received good reviews.

Samsung q990b it will destroy ever other soundbar got best price at croma delhi for 80750-6000=74750 (samsung brand offer on credit card )
you will both save your money and get best dolby atmos on soundbar
CHECK RTINGS

Bose is shit it is even beaten in soundquality even by my recently purchased LG SP8A on every deptt be it vocals , music , tonality etc

please remove Bose and please do not make the mistake of going with Bose..The reasons are ---

1. Promises Atmos but when u check you will find DTS 2.0 and 5.1. Still they are working on to remove the flaws.
2. Automaticaly the system will get disconnected from your TV and u will spend minutes to again re-configure.

Short is its a pain..buy anything but not Bose./
Thanks

Samsung q990b it will destroy ever other soundbar got best price at croma delhi for 80750-6000=74750 (samsung brand offer on credit card )
you will both save your money and get best dolby atmos on soundbar
CHECK RTINGS
@saurabhgamer That is an awesome price for q990b. It is the best rated soundbar by rtings. Checked it out in multiple croma outlets in Bangalore but getting 85k as best price. I hope it'll go down till 74k during Diwali sale.

They are almost getting there. Soundbar using independent channels with the help of reflections and timing.
The flipside is you can't upgrade or replace components like the center speaker or subwoofer. It is very much like a gaming laptop vs desktop comparison.

The flipside is you can't upgrade or replace components like the center speaker or subwoofer. It is very much like a gaming laptop vs desktop comparison.
Agree but i am going through this best audiophile rabit hole for last 8 months and it sucks always wanted best and god knows how many iem i ordered and soundbar and bookshelf speaker and finally i realised to just shut this hobby and enjoy that i have till its broken , so my advice to everyone just purchase the best and use it till it got broken rest upto you guys .

Aaah , are we there yet! :)
the way I see it (on a lighter side) , No flipsides , its individual choices meeting ones requirement at a very OPTIMUM way over a target timeframe (ie. is it an immediate gratification ( may not be posting in this forum for suggestions though ;) , one year , 10 years, next tech change, next salary review, or Bonus! , wife thows it out , Gift from ... ).

Options could have be limited by current constraints - Space , usability .... or not being an fastidious person.

Soundbars Could be the immediate upgrade from the TV stereo,
- - > then next upgrade is the Discrete channel and its chain. ( AVRs)
- - - - > then the next upgrade /enhancement is Each discrete channel's chain ( Cables / Speakers )
- - - - - - > then the next upgrade / improvements are ( separate pre, powers, cable, speaker, room treatments...)
- - - - - - - > Change in aesthetics or ... Buy a new house, Jalsaghar , ...
- - - - - - - > ... ... new electric pole .....

Check out everything sbg has listed. Only the Nakamichi you may not be able to audition in India.
But a friend of mine owned it for a period and was all rave about it.
If you have a Sony TV, Sony has a couple of dedicated models: HT-A9 and the 7000. These two even allow some of the Sony models to use the TV speakers as centre also.
All the best

Add Sennheiser Ambeo to the list as well.

JBL also has a sound bar with detachable wireless speakers that has received good reviews.
ill second the Senn.

The JBL 9.1 bar + sub also does Atmos.

and Bose is not really a great option

JBL sound bar with detachable wireless speakers has non user replaceable batteries in the rear speakers.

Not sure if you will get those batteries after few years from JBL.

Do consider the Samsung Q950 (or whichever is the latest one). Sonos Arc is severely limited by connectivity options (only 1 HDMI eARC port, no other connectivity option). Sony's equivalent offering is more expensive than Samsung's. Ambeo is another worthy competitor though pricey (if not the most expensive).

However, a large part of all of these offerings is dependent on your room's ceiling design. If it is not flat or too high, you run the risk of not getting the Atmos effect. So be very careful and if possible (though highly unlikely), get a home demo.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back