Dolby Atmos

canchi

Has anybody experienced this?
Dolby Atmos
Their tag line is "The most significant development in audio since the arrival of surround sound is here. Dolby Atmos delivers audiences a more natural and realistic soundfield, transporting them into the story with a lifelike sensory experience. "

Read this about a while back- its interesting to see how this is carried on.

I wish we get to see a movie like the upcoming 'Hobbit' in this format and it will be thrilling !

It also looks like the cinemas needs to go through significant equipment upgrades to accommodate this and most importantly, film makers need to adopt this and thats going to take time in my opinion !

A similar tech called Aura 3D from Aura tech.

Auro-3D / Auro Technologies : Three-dimensional sound

The upcoming Kamal's movie 'Vishwaroopam' will be the first Indian film to adapt this format and I am again looking forward to see what this will offer !

what is the use of all these new formats...........is the current hardware capable of supporting them? even 3D is a nightmare is some hi end cinemas!!! I feel new technologies are great but how about the availability of hardware.

Second that!

To again cite Hobbit, a movie shot at 5k resolution and at 48 FPS. Not all cinemas are equipped to showcase this marvel. But again, as some one who works in the creative industry, I am always excited with all stuff!

I saw Brave in dolby atmos in a theater at downtown SFO. Brave was the launch title for it. Really didn't find anything revolutionary - its just cramming more speakers when there's no need for it.

The Life of PI is screened at Serene - Satyam cinemas, Chennai in Dolby Atmos. I Could see additional array of speakers in the ceiling, also there were couple of Big Subwoofers placed opp. to the screen (again these were also ceiling mounted).... Overall the surround sound was very impressive through out the movie....

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back