Doubt regarding Source

ps_sonic

Hi,Since I don't have a dedicated CD drive or CD collections what I normally do is I download all FLAC,WAV,320kpbs mp3 in my pendrive, I connect it to my Samsung plasma TV USBIN and by using(PCM mode in TV)I bitstream it my receiver using the optical out of my TV & in the receiver I select either stereo or direct mode. Now when I use stereo mode everything sounds good especially the bass but when I select Direct the bass is weak. Now I don't understand want happens when I select direct mode in receiver. I mean where is the digital to analog conversion taking place?

Hi,Since I don't have a dedicated CD drive or CD collections what I normally do is I download all FLAC,WAV,320kpbs mp3 in my pendrive, I connect it to my Samsung plasma TV USBIN and by using(PCM mode in TV)I bitstream it my receiver using the optical out of my TV & in the receiver I select either stereo or direct mode. Now when I use stereo mode everything sounds good especially the bass but when I select Direct the bass is weak. Now I don't understand want happens when I select direct mode in receiver. I mean where is the digital to analog conversion taking place?

Your bass & treble controls on your AVR is engaged when you select "Stereo mode" on your AVR...

When you engage "Direct mode", the tone controls are disabled....

Digital to Analog conversion is happening in your AVR.....

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back