DSE Amp+Speakers

ritesh321

Croma electronics is selling a decent sounding DSE Amp and DSE 5.1 speaker set. Does anyone have any pointers to reviews posted on DSE Amplifiers?

I had a demo of this system and it sound decent for a price of 25K. The DSE Amplifier also had a front usb for playing mp3's and it had a nice old fashioned display :)

Anyone with links to reviews on DSE equipment, specially the amplifiers??

Their amp is priced at 13.5K. The only other amp with a usb port is the HK AVR 133 which is priced at 17-18K. Which of the two would you suggest DSE or HK?

Note- DSE is Dick Smith Electronics, an australian retailer and rebrander.

Ritesh,
Dick Smith Electronics is a chain of Electronics\Electrical outlets in Australia. While I was in Australia, I have used some non AV products and also heard DSE Audio products. The quality of DSE-rebranded products is nothing great.

Go for the HK(Harmon Kardon?). If not, for around 29k, my colleague bought an Onkyo TX-SR307 with a Pure Acoustics Dream Nano combo and is very happy with it. This combo was offered to him by Modern World in Bangalore. You are better of looking for better offers in your location. BTW, this setup beats the Onkyo HTIB 3200 in performance and VFM.

ps: Their retail outlets sell branded(Philips, LG etc) electronics as well and they are great. Above view is only about the DSE-labelled products.

Croma electronics is selling a decent sounding DSE Amp and DSE 5.1 speaker set. Does anyone have any pointers to reviews posted on DSE Amplifiers?

I had a demo of this system and it sound decent for a price of 25K. The DSE Amplifier also had a front usb for playing mp3's and it had a nice old fashioned display :)

Anyone with links to reviews on DSE equipment, specially the amplifiers??

Their amp is priced at 13.5K. The only other amp with a usb port is the HK AVR 133 which is priced at 17-18K. Which of the two would you suggest DSE or HK?

Note- DSE is Dick Smith Electronics, an australian retailer and rebrander.

Last edited:
Hi Santhol,

Thanks Pal. You saved my bacon!

Onkyo Delhi showroom, after stiff negos had given me a last offer of 37 k for Onkyo 307 + Pure Acoustics combo. Your friend got it for 29 K ! Thats 8 k less .....

GOOD, I did not close the deal .....

Kindly recheck with your friend, if it is not inconvenient.....

Ashok

Go for the HK(Harmon Kardon?). If not, for around 29k, my colleague bought an Onkyo TX-SR307 with a Pure Acoustics Dream Nano combo and is very happy with it. This combo was offered to him by Modern World in Bangalore. You are better of looking for better offers in your location. BTW, this setup beats the Onkyo HTIB 3200 in performance and VFM.

ps: Their retail outlets sell branded(Philips, LG etc) electronics as well and they are great. Above view is only about the DSE-labelled products.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back