DTH Set Top Box connection to Yamaha RX V681 getting No Sound

HDTV1080p

I have connected DTH STB (Dish TV) to my Yamaha RX V681 receiver through HDMI cable, and AVR HDMI Out to projector, but I am not getting any sound. I have tested all the HDMI ports of my AVR but yet no sound.

When I am connecting the same HDMI from STB to my LED TV, I am getting picture and sound (from TV speaker) without any issues.

What are the things I have to configure on STB & AVR to get picture from projector and 5.1 sound from AVR from Dish HD DTH box?

Last edited:
You have to check for the Audio Assigning future may be your AVR is looking for Audio in some other port ( There is a option we can assign the audio port and it depends on the model)
Check the settings properly.
Check and connect the Dish TV to the HDMI input connection number 1 ( HDMI 1//// BD/DVD),IMO for BD/DVD input has a ability as a default it will be taking the audio form the HDMI only,So that we can conclude there is no problem in your HDMI cable or Source ( Dish TV).
Check and reply here

You have to check for the Audio Assigning future may be your AVR is looking for Audio in some other port ( There is a option we can assign the audio port and it depends on the model)
Check the settings properly.

Could you please give more info about it? I am using Yamaha RX V681 AVR.

Check and connect the Dish TV to the HDMI input connection number 1 ( HDMI 1//// BD/DVD),IMO for BD/DVD input has a ability as a default it will be taking the audio form the HDMI only,So that we can conclude there is no problem in your HDMI cable or Source ( Dish TV).
Check and reply here[/QUOTE]

My media player connected to HDMI1 and I am getting both pics n sound without any issues.

Check and reply here

My media player connected to HDMI1 and I am getting both pics n sound without any issues.[/QUOTE]
Connect your dish tv on hdmi 1 instead media player and see.
If it is working change the cable and see.do it one by one.and let us know

Check and reply here

My media player connected to HDMI1 and I am getting both pics n sound without any issues.[/QUOTE]
Screenshot_20180403-070639.png
Check out the screen shot from manual.
You know what i meant.
All the best

Last edited:
Are you getting audio from projector by any chance ???

Did you select proper input buttons at the top row of the remote ???

Instead of dth, Try connecting a laptop or any other player and check if you are getting video from pj and audio from amp.

I need help again. Previously, I was using 2x1 active HDMI splitter for DTH to AVR and tv. Somehow, the splitter got short circuited and now I am connecting HDMI directly from set top box to AVR.
I have connected HDMI directly with laptop to AVR and its working fine but I am not getting sound when I replace the laptop with set top box.

In the attached screenshot, it is seen that source is DVI -> HDMI unlike HDMI -> HDMI in case of laptop-AVR. Second screenshot showing audio is not available.

Attachments

• IMG-20180430-WA0016.jpg
    IMG-20180430-WA0016.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG-20180430-WA0015.jpg
    IMG-20180430-WA0015.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 6
If everything works fine with the laptop, the culprit seems to be the STB. Is the STB HDMI being put to use?

If everything works fine with the laptop, the culprit seems to be the STB. Is the STB HDMI being put to use?
I am using same HDMI which I used for laptop. My active HDMI splitter got short circuited before which I got both pics and sound from DTH set top box using that splitter. Now I am connecting the HDMI directly to DTH set top box and got pics only.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back