DTMF=>FSK telephone Convertor

mathan

I have several USA bought cordless phones where the caller id is not displayed as we use DTMF as conversion here and in USA it is FSK. I saw couple of DTMF to FSK convertors which when used would display the caller id in USA bought caller id phones. When I checked with a seller in ebay for buying this device he told that this acts as a splitter cum caller id and I need to remove the existing splitter and install this as a splitter (this looks exactly like a splitter). It costs around Rs.650/-. I just wanted to check if someone has installed this and if it works as claimed. If I remove the existing splitter and if I install this as a splitter will my internet connection work?

I have installed FSK to DTMF converters on 2 on my tel lines. Theyy are working Purrrfectly for the past 8 years....

The converter should be installed AFTER the Internet splitter, and immediately before the telephone instrument.

The Internet line will not see your Converter.

Hope this helps.

Same here, I have a Panasonic Cordless purchased from Canada. Using a DTMF to FSK converter bought locally in SP Road Bangalore for ~200. Working fine for past 4-5 years.

I am also in search for this product in Kerala or for purchase through any online seller in India. Any help in this regard would be most welcome.
Thanks in advance. :signthankspin:

Mathan,

The seller must have misunderstood....

He must have thought you had installed a TELEPHONE splitter to connect 2 telephone instruments in parallel.

What you are referring to is a Internet + Telephone line splitter.

As I have mentioned in my earlier post :

The converter should be installed AFTER the Internet splitter, and immediately before the telephone instrument.

I have bought it from SP Road at Bangalore. It was cheaper than ebay prices at that time.

I use it after the existing splitter before the cordless.

I am using it with a Panasonic Cordless Phone ( KX-TG6500) and it shows he caller Id instantanously. However the DTMF to FSK converter I am using is probably different from yours. Its a cheap one about Rs 200 bought Several years ago )

Bought it through ebay and it works good. This can be installed in lieu of existing ADSL splitter or can be installed after the existing ADSL splitter. Either way it works. Only difference is there is a slight hissing noise when installed as a ADSL splitter. I preferred installing it after the existing ADSL splitter to eliminate the hissing noise. The caller id is shown after the two rings with area code but no time stamp.

This seems to be an old thread but since it has already been bumped I would like to have some advice.

I bought a panasonic cordless phone from Singapore and the called id does not work.

Should I be getting dtmf to fsk converter OR fsk to dtmf converter?

Also what should be the price? It is not available on ebay and on ebay.com the cheapest seem to be for around 20 usd which is not very cheap!

Strangely it is not available in any of our Indian online shops now. I had bought this couple of years back through ebay for around Rs.600 I think. Probably you can check your local electronic markets for this convertor. You need to get a DTMF to FSK convertor. The eurotel caller id will not display the caller id in the phone. Only this convertor would make this to display the caller id in the phone. The convertor looks exactly like a broadband splitter.

It is not available online in any shop. weird.
Even I need it in Delhi / Gurgaon area or online.

Can some request their fav online seller to make it available onle
A Good brand is Artech followed by Fintel

Hi
I have at@t phone cordless phone. Since caller id not displayed, i purchased fsk converter locally. But
It displays randomly and not all. The shop man told fsk converter works on well im Panasonic phone. Not in at@t phone

I am using one for last 5+ years with Panasonic phones only. bought for ebay for 350, made in china. but note that the phone displays the caller id after 3-4 rings only and not on first ring. Did you check the same for your AT&T sets?

I am using one for last 5+ years with Panasonic phones only. bought for ebay for 350, made in china. but note that the phone displays the caller id after 3-4 rings only and not on first ring. Did you check the same for your AT&T sets?
Yes. I got adopter from mercy electronics chennai for rs 500. It shows only as incoming call. After some time it displayed id. Then stopped. The shop man Changed three adoptet. No use . The shop man exchanged. No refunds. I tested the phone in his shop

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back