Dual 1210 turntable

arunj

Hello all,

I finally managed to retrieve an old Dual 1210 turntable that I had bought around 15 years ago... and never used since then for two reasons-
1. It does not have a wooden base/box to house the unit.
2. I lost the stylus the very next day!

Since it has been lying unused for so long, I expect it will require some repairs.

The turntable is in Madras, but Bangalore is where I live. Is there a place in Madras where I can get the turntable fixed? I'd rather not take it with me to Bangalore until then.

Thanks,
Arun.

Arun, you can contact Sayed who is in Philips Arena mount road. He is excellent with TTs. You can go on Saturday. Treasure the TT more than your Bullet :) and start using it else I am picking it from your house :)

you have a nice piece of equipment in your possession. now put in a little hard work, get it fixed and refurbished and begin enjoying the sound of vinyls. will be worth it.

@madbullram: Yes boss, will do as you say. The TT is under lock-and-key with strict instructions to the parents to not let anyone else see it. :D

@hemantwaghe: Ha ha ha, seeing your interest in this, all I will say is thanks but no thanks. ;)

@wishihadtubes: Seeing how there wasnt much of a response initially, I had my doubts about this model. I have heard about the Dual brand, but wasnt sure of the 1210. Like you said, I must put in some effort and get it up and running. I've let it idle for too long now! :)

Cheers,
Arun.

Hello all,

I finally managed to retrieve an old Dual 1210 turntable that I had bought around 15 years ago... and never used since then for two reasons-
1. It does not have a wooden base/box to house the unit.
2. I lost the stylus the very next day!

Since it has been lying unused for so long, I expect it will require some repairs.

The turntable is in Madras, but Bangalore is where I live. Is there a place in Madras where I can get the turntable fixed? I'd rather not take it with me to Bangalore until then.

Thanks,
Arun.

Hi Arun,

Am in Bangalore and I managed to stumble on your post. I too have an Dual 1210 turntable, I suspect since its not been used for long, the pickup/stylus is dead. Do you know where you can pick up a new one, either in Madras or Bangalore?

Thanks
Murali

When you mean pickup, do you mean the cartridge? Sorry, I have been away from vinyl so long that I forgot what some of these terms mean! :-D

If you are looking for the cartridge/headshell, go to the following link. I bookmarked it some time (a long time?!) ago, and it looks like the piece is still available.

Original Dual TK 14 24 Cartridge Holder Headshell New | eBay

If you are looking only for the needle, then look up needledoctor.com. I don't remember the exact model number, and since I lost mine I cannot look it up without a little digging of Google's archives. If you still have the stylus (why do you think it is not working??), you should be able to separate it from the cartridge and look up its model number. Let me know when you plan to buy it, I might want one too.

Cheers,
Arun.

Decide either magnetic or ceramic cartridge as both are compatible but prefer magnetic for better sound.
Regards
Srinivasan

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back