Dubai HFV (Mini) Meet & Marantz CD 6003 vs. Emotiva ERC-1 CD Player Shootout

thekinge

Hi All,

In a first of sorts, we are going to have a (mini) HFV meet-up outside of India, in Dubai. Venkatcr & I will be meeting tomorrow and the main purpose of this meeting will be to compare the performance of two CD players - the established Marantz CD 6003 and the up & coming Emotiva ERC-1.

I look forward to meet Venkatcr in person and for the shootout:)

The results of the comparison will be posted in this thread.

-thekinge

Cool and nice
2 persons ..it cannot become smaller! ( apart from if someone having split personas ,then he can have meeting with himself!)

It should be called Micro Meet

Keep it up!

yes :clapping:!!!!!the meets are becomin um..'global' eh??!!that emotiva is a seriously sexy piece of electronics :licklips:.if the landed cost in india hadnt been so prohibitive,would have definitely got one for a dedicated cdp.have a blast guys!!cheers

It should be called Micro Meet

Keep it up!

That makes it sound tooooo small, hence the choice of mini;)

yes :clapping:!!!!!the meets are becomin um..'global' eh??!!that emotiva is a seriously sexy piece of electronics :licklips:.if the landed cost in india hadnt been so prohibitive,would have definitely got one for a dedicated cdp.have a blast guys!!cheers

Thanks rallynut. If you got an estimate for shipping the Emotiva ERC-1 to India, can you please share the estimated landed cost with me?

good luck in finding differences, I hope it will be a very tough job :)

So whatever is given up is equally good .... :D

Am I reading your mind a little too well? Are you feeling exposed and naked? ;)

Cheers

That makes it sound tooooo small, hence the choice of mini;)

Thanks rallynut. If you got an estimate for shipping the Emotiva ERC-1 to India, can you please share the estimated landed cost with me?

thekinge,remember getting a quote from emotiva for the cd player and their upa2,deleted the same a while ago,hence dont recall.best is to mail them direct.very prompt response with actuals.cheers

Hi All,

In a first of sorts, we are going to have a (mini) HFV meet-up outside of India, in Dubai. Venkatcr & I will be meeting tomorrow and the main purpose of this meeting will be to compare the performance of two CD players - the established Marantz CD 6003 and the up & coming Emotiva ERC-1.

I look forward to meet Venkatcr in person and for the shootout:)

The results of the comparison will be posted in this thread.

-thekinge

the meeting will start in a few hours from now - happy listening!

and god speed with the posting!:)

WOW! First international HFV Meet. All the best with the review and enjoy. :)
What If both CD players get equal review ?
Will there be different kind of "shootout" ?
callofjuarez6_1433513c.jpg

Guys,

The meeting is moved tomorrow due to scheduling issues. It will happen for sure tomorrow.

-thekinge

thekinge, enjoy the session, would also like to see if there is any huge diff between these two and any dvd player.

do you guys have an SPL meter? i wonder if venkat is carrying his. Level matching would be very important in a shootout like this.

I was thinking of the same, but then I am new to this hobby and do not have an SPL meter. Will check with Venkatcr if has has carried it to Dubai.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back