Duniyadari (marathi) audio CD

askii2

Does anyone know if Audio CD is available for Duniyadari movie? I found MP3 CDs available online, but as you can guess I won't buy them :sad:

Thanks.

It is very hard to find. I searched it in quite a few Planet M stores & even at "Rhythm House" at KalaGhoda but all in vain. I thought that i could find it in Pune, as i am scheduled to go there over weekend, but it seems that it is the wrong place to search. Interestingly Rhythm House is also having only MP3 version of the album. It is very ridiculous that the music companies find their music not worthy of releasing on Audio CD.
regards
Prasad

Hi Prasad

It costs money to release an audio cd. Design for the cd cover, printing of the same all costs quite a bit. Add to it the the cost of the glass master. Then the distribution costs. At the end of it hardly 100 cds sell. Its simply not worth it.

I had produced a marathi film last year called No Entry Pudhe Dhoka Aahey. So i am speaking from experience. The next time around i will not waste my time with releasing cds.

Hi Prem,

I agree with you in that respect. But the music of this particular album is a hit among the music lovers. So i think once the music gets a "Hit" status, the producers can forecast a good sale.

Further i think this movie is produced by "Z Talkies" so they shall not have a budget constraint for releasing a CD.

BTW i saw your movie on TV. The production values were comparable with a Hindi Movie.

Regards

Prasad

Hi Prasad

It doesn't work that way. Even if its a hit, sales of audio cds are practically negligible today. This is true even for big bollywood films. Today audio cds are mainly made to give away as complimentaries to the stars and others involved with the movie. Nobody bothers with the sales. Even if you sell 2000 cds you are going to make a profit of about only Rs 40000. With that sale comes excise, sales tax and other formalities, all of which need to be met. Its simply not worth the time or effort.

And thanks for the compliments about the production values for the movie.

sigh.........looks like marathi audio cds are going to be obsolete, primarily due to mp3 piracy :mad:

Hello Prem,

True it does not make any business sense especially since you are talking from experience.

There is a work around for this though. You can have an option to distribute the higher resolution music online. This way those music lovers who want higher resolution music can simply pay and download it online (per track or whole album).

I think this is a very scalable and managable solution without the packaging/distribution overheads.

Of course you know it best and can comment accordingly. Just was wondering if above is a viable solution for music lovers like us :)

Kind Regards,
Rohit

Hi Prasad

It doesn't work that way. Even if its a hit, sales of audio cds are practically negligible today. This is true even for big bollywood films. Today audio cds are mainly made to give away as complimentaries to the stars and others involved with the movie. Nobody bothers with the sales. Even if you sell 2000 cds you are going to make a profit of about only Rs 40000. With that sale comes excise, sales tax and other formalities, all of which need to be met. Its simply not worth the time or effort.

And thanks for the compliments about the production values for the movie.

Rohit, as a producer I license the digital rights to guys like Hungama. Then it's upto them what they do with it.

Music typically has 3 rights. Physical, Digital and Publishing. Physical is pretty much dead.

Thanks Prem! This is learning for us :)

Just for understanding:
I always wondered what is the master source resolution which the recording is actually done with? Is it always recorded in high resolution (>CD quality) and then reduced in resolution?
What is the usual/average resolution of studio recordings?

Hi Rohit

Masters are typically kept on hard disks these days. Most of the times its 16 bit resolution in uncompressed format. At times its 24 bit. CDr is used to make a copy from this to be sent to the cd manufacturing plant. Their they make a glass master from which cd duplication happens. Sometimes instead of a cdr a dat is also used

Hi Rohit

Masters are typically kept on hard disks these days. Most of the times its 16 bit resolution in uncompressed format. At times its 24 bit. CDr is used to make a copy from this to be sent to the cd manufacturing plant. Their they make a glass master from which cd duplication happens. Sometimes instead of a cdr a dat is also used

Thanks for enlightening us!

It must be a wonderful process to see and experience.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back