During and after the lockdown

Vivek Batra

Dear FMs

This came to my mind today morning to know what other people are up to during this period of lockdown and what they want to do as the first thing when this phase is over (I pray to God that this gets over for everyone on this planet). It will be interesting to know what you guys are doing, some people might have discovered interesting things to do and we all can try to do the same to stay positive and beat the monotony during this tough time.

So here is what I am doing and what I want to do as the first thing after the lockdown.

1. It’s said that the best thing about software developers is that they can work from anywhere and anytime. The worst thing is they can work from anywhere and anytime. So I am doing the worst thing. Jokes apart I am working from where I am currently and this is the best part for me nowadays since I have nothing else to do, so enjoying working from home with limited internet. I am rationing my mobile data to stay around all day long.

2. I am enjoying kite flying in the evening on my son’s insistence. I used to fly kites in my childhood. But even after almost more than 2 decades may be more (I don’t want to give you any hints of my age), I am loving it again. After the flying session I spend almost 2 hours untangling the kite string.;)

3. We needed some mason work at my parents’ house (where I am since last one month) and no one can expect any outside help, so doing some masonry work with my father and son. Though it looks easy being a very basic and simple job but it’s not. Respect every job.

4. Now what I want to do after the lockdown. I am terribly missing my system back at my place. I couldn’t spend even a full day with my system, before leaving my place. I want to go back at the earliest and quarantine myself with my system and listen to it 24x7 with beer flowing :)

Guys I guess now everyone has enough time to do the things that we plan to do in our busy lives but either we are too lazy or simply can't get enough time for those long planned activities. So, this is the time, make full use of it and do whatever you want to do.

Hope to hear some good things happening around.

Cheers, Stay home stay safe.

Regards
Vivek

I am missing the flowing part Vivek. Guess which shop I will visit after the lockdown ends.:p
Cheers,
Sid
Hi
I am desparately waiting for the lockdown to come to an end so that i may purchase my network streamer allo digione streamer and enjoy high quality streaming.For this i wish the lockdown may be relaxed for at least one week.

It was a bit jarring for the first few days, cooped up inside. But, gradually I've started to appreciate the amount of time I'm getting to reflect on several aspects, which I would've overlooked/missed with the daily rush.
I had borrowed two books from the library before the lockdown, both of which turned out to be duds. But, luckily I did have unread ones at home, and finished 4 during this time.
Earlier, I was struggling to find time to watch a movie (or even a part of it) every day. Now, I'm able to watch a minimum of one movie, and if time permits (and I'm still awake :p) one more
The 30-45 min daily music sessions now extends to ~2 hours.
I go for walks more often (and take my dog for his walks too). In that way, both of us are less lazy :D

Hi
I am desparately waiting for the lockdown to come to an end so that i may purchase my network streamer allo digione streamer and enjoy high quality streaming.For this i wish the lockdown may be relaxed for at least one week.

If you have your amp and speakers ready set-up don't wait
Start with your laptop for now :)

That way you will also be able to compare how big difference did the allo digione signature make in your setup

Dear FMs

This came to my mind today morning to know what other people are up to during this period of lockdown and what they want to do as the first thing when this phase is over (I pray to God that this gets over for everyone on this planet). It will be interesting to know what you guys are doing, some people might have discovered interesting things to do and we all can try to do the same to stay positive and beat the monotony during this tough time.

So here is what I am doing and what I want to do as the first thing after the lockdown.

1. It’s said that the best thing about software developers is that they can work from anywhere and anytime. The worst thing is they can work from anywhere and anytime. So I am doing the worst thing. Jokes apart I am working from where I am currently and this is the best part for me nowadays since I have nothing else to do, so enjoying working from home with limited internet. I am rationing my mobile data to stay around all day long.

2. I am enjoying kite flying in the evening on my son’s insistence. I used to fly kites in my childhood. But even after almost more than 2 decades may be more (I don’t want to give you any hints of my age), I am loving it again. After the flying session I spend almost 2 hours untangling the kite string.;)

3. We needed some mason work at my parents’ house (where I am since last one month) and no one can expect any outside help, so doing some masonry work with my father and son. Though it looks easy being a very basic and simple job but it’s not. Respect every job.

4. Now what I want to do after the lockdown. I am terribly missing my system back at my place. I couldn’t spend even a full day with my system, before leaving my place. I want to go back at the earliest and quarantine myself with my system and listen to it 24x7 with beer flowing :)

Guys I guess now everyone has enough time to do the things that we plan to do in our busy lives but either we are too lazy or simply can't get enough time for those long planned activities. So, this is the time, make full use of it and do whatever you want to do.

Hope to hear some good things happening around.

Cheers, Stay home stay safe.

Regards
Vivek

I remember running on streets to catch kites in month of june. Dont know if i will be able to do again.

Btw i have added some new technical skills to my resume during lockdown

How to knead dough in 20 mins
How to make rotis which definetely look better than map of austrailia
How to clean utensils with more effort than needed
How to wash clothes and dry them
How to do all these things while in an office meeting

One thing that i like about lockdown is the absence of spam calls, people are more kind and compassionate. world is a better place to live.

I remember running on streets to catch kites in month of june. Dont know if i will be able to do again.

Btw i have added some new technical skills to my resume during lockdown

How to knead dough in 20 mins
How to make rotis which definetely look better than map of austrailia
How to clean utensils with more effort than needed
How to wash clothes and dry them
How to do all these things while in an office meeting

One thing that i like about lockdown is the absence of spam calls, people are more kind and compassionate. world is a better place to live.
I have revived my skill to catch the kites, with long sticks, climbing the trees, and roof tops.

‘If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.’ Cicero
Thankfully I have a small garden ( season flowers , some vegetables - beans , cucumbers, ginger, greens etc ) and a modest library ( really some shelves of books).
So I am fine I guess with music added for good measure.
Sorry forgot to add that I also have some shoes to polish.

Dear FMs

Having a great time watching movies & listening to music. Just started learning to play the accoustic guitar few days back from the free sessions by Erich Andreas on the net since my daughter's guitar is lying around. Hoping to learn to play a decent tune by the time the lockdown ends without upsetting my neighbours:D( Don't want to sound like Cacofonix). Looks like way to go, so taking it nice & easy. But the sound of an accoustic is so satisying & soothing.
Honestly speaking didn't realise how one month has passed.

In addition to what Moktan mentioned, i have a HT as bonus... every day first show with wife and son.

Those who have access, get started on your terrace garden... as you watch your plants grow, spread out flowers and bear fruit, you will feel on top of the world in more ways than one.
Doing intensive gardening these days... my plants are set in three levels of the penthouse 5th, 6th and 7th floors.

Few pics of level 5:

View from main entrance
1587454437526.jpeg

View from seating area on the deck:
1587454542905.jpeg

These are from two balconies which run 30 and 40 feet:
1587454631297.jpeg

1587454638781.jpeg

1587454658285.jpeg

1587454669065.jpeg

1587454677427.jpeg

1587454685950.jpeg
Will share the other levels plants also, after taking pics.

Let me start with a hope that we shall get rid of this pandemic and normalcy will be restored.
During lockdown
I am at home attending on line classes , correcting home works of my students, doing domestic chores with the least hope that my wife will not mind when I shall buy some audio equipments in future I have a small garden on the roof of my house and everyday I water the trees( flower plants mostly). Besides I walk for some time to fight the blood sugar and do some free hand exercises. I like movies and during lock down I watched some Hitchcock movies and also some of my favorite movies of Ray and Akira Kurosawa. Listening to music is my hobby . I am listening to vinyls, CDs and also steam music. From this apart i talk to my relatives, friends and colleagues and watch TV news to stay updated.
After lock down
Don't know when this happy moment will arrive but I shall go to Kolkata to buy some vinyls and will have audition for amplifier and speakers.
One thing I have forgotten to mention that now I can listen to the twittering of birds which I could not before lock down , nature seems to be fresher than before, the water of the Ganges appears to be crystal clear and my bonding with my son becomes stronger than before. Honestly I did not know how he grows up to his teens as I hardly found any time to look after him. Corona has taught me so many lessons

Very nice garden . Hope to see it after lock down

It was a bit jarring for the first few days, cooped up inside. But, gradually I've started to appreciate the amount of time I'm getting to reflect on several aspects, which I would've overlooked/missed with the daily rush.
I had borrowed two books from the library before the lockdown, both of which turned out to be duds. But, luckily I did have unread ones at home, and finished 4 during this time.
Earlier, I was struggling to find time to watch a movie (or even a part of it) every day. Now, I'm able to watch a minimum of one movie, and if time permits (and I'm still awake :p) one more
The 30-45 min daily music sessions now extends to ~2 hours.
I go for walks more often (and take my dog for his walks too). In that way, both of us are less lazy :D
I have Subscribed to 'Audible'..
I Was reluctant to try audio books, as it never appealed to me over reading actual books; but looks like I'm quite loving it. I can listen to them anytime of the day like cooking (I'm learning) , bathing, driving, playing with kids and I'm quite enjoying the experience. Do try the free trial, if you haven't already!

I have Subscribed to 'Audible'..
I Was reluctant to try audio books, as it never appealed to me over reading actual books; but looks like I'm quite loving it. I can listen to them anytime of the day like cooking (I'm learning) , bathing, driving, playing with kids and I'm quite enjoying the experience. Do try the free trial, if you haven't already!
I am listening to Permanent Roomates on Audible :) .For a change its good

Hardly anything has changed for me as I have been working from home since 2008.
One change I have is I quit smoking, 7th April was my last pack. From 50 cigarettes to zero. Always thought it was impossible, but turned out I was wrong. Don't miss it anymore. Thanks Covid19.

Hardly anything has changed for me as I have been working from home since 2008.
One change I have is I quit smoking, 7th April was my last pack. From 50 cigarettes to zero. Always thought it was impossible, but turned out I was wrong. Don't miss it anymore. Thanks Covid19.
Difficult period would be when you encounter passive smoking. My friend who quit smoking for 3 years, suddenly couldn't resist a whiff of beedi and started smoking again. Be careful. Stay healthy.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back