DVD/Bluray retailers

tomkin

Hi Guys,

Been a lurker for few days on this forum, and being an audiophile, really good to see the thriving AV brethren in India :)

I am planning of visiting india in Feb, so to make the most of it, I was wondering if you guys can help me in some DVD/Bluray purchases.

I will be based in Chandigarh, what is a good source to buy DVDs and Blurays there? Or is it better to order online. Just dont want to be ripped off.

Regards,
tomkin

lots of online and decent options available now days. e.g. indiatimes, flipacart, .bollywoodblu-ray.co.in, etc. Also check Recycle4Joy.
Discount offered and quick delivery are the two main things to look for.

Tomkin, I assume you are looking for Indian media. DVDs should be available in abundance in any decent shop. Blu-Ray would be a challenge, and I doubt there would be any available in Chandigarh. The number of Indian Blu-Rays, as yet, is very limited, and would be limited to the 4 metros in availability. The best place for a dekko and purchase would be Landmark/Odyssey. You may need to visit Delhi for that.

Of course, online purchases are an option.

Cheers

Last edited:
Rhythm House in Mumbai accepts online orders. And their blu-ray catalog is available online. Here are the links:

International Blu-Rays

Indian Blu-Rays

As Venkat mentioned, finding DVDs will not be a problem.

However, be aware of the region code of the DVDs and Blu-Rays you purchase.

induna.com has the widest collection of hindi/indian films. It has some of the obscurest titles I don't think you can find any where else.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back