DVD or Blu-Ray player to play local movie disks

surithebest

Dear Guys,

I own a Onida DVD player which doesn't play the DVD discs which I buy from the local shops in Chennai but it plays well in my laptop. So i have decided to buy a DVD or Blu-ray player either from branded or Local player.

Kindly advise me that which branded player plays all the local or zone 2 discs without any problem. Or shall i move to any local dvd player like Mitsun or so.

Thanks....

Regards
Suresh J

Dear Guys,

I own a Onida DVD player which doesn't play the DVD discs which I buy from the local shops in Chennai but it plays well in my laptop. So i have decided to buy a DVD or Blu-ray player either from branded or Local player.

Kindly advise me that which branded player plays all the local or zone 2 discs without any problem. Or shall i move to any local dvd player like Mitsun or so.

Thanks....

Regards
Suresh J
What kind of DVD discs are these? If a DVD disc with video content is authored as a video disc (with menus, chapters, and typical DVD structure, etc.), the disc will play on a player (unless region locked which is a rarity and Onida is least likely to be region locked).

However, if the DVD is authored as a data disc, then a player will not be able to play it. A computer/laptop will be able to play this disc because the computer is able to read the DVD as a data disc or video disc by its various programs.

My advice is that if you intend to buy a DVD player, take your discs with you and try to play them.

I always thought that DVD players in India were region free.
I have bought a few (Philips, Onida, Marantz) over the years and never had a region issue. Have played region 1 and 2 discs on all brands.
I would say, Philips might be your best bet.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back