DVD PLAYER Supporting .mkv(h264) with DTS audio

slayer_tiger

hi guys.. is there any dvd player available which can play all audio/video formats like the new lcd tv's does.????
(like .mkv, .mp4, .mov, .ts, .rmvb ,h264 codec, dts audio etc. etc.)

if a dvd player could play high definition videos, why would people buy bluray players or other media players.:confused:

Why dont you search before you post, this question has been asked some 20 times so far on this forum.

if a dvd player could play high definition videos, why would people buy bluray players or other media players.:confused:

Why dont you search before you post, this question has been asked some 20 times so far on this forum.

whoa buddy ... i came here only after searching a lot of stores and on internet, i found one such product but that one is not available in delhi.. so i asked here if there is anything else like that. don't worry be happy..

Playon!HD | Full HD Network Mediaplayer by A.C.Ryan

whoa buddy ... i came here only after searching a lot of stores and on internet, i found one such product but that one is not available in delhi.. so i asked here if there is anything else like that. don't worry be happy..

Playon!HD | Full HD Network Mediaplayer by A.C.Ryan

AC Ryan Play On is NOT a DVD player. And like people said, WD TV, Seagate player, Xtreamer, Asus O!Play are the type of players you are looking for. However, they are NOT DVD players.

AC Ryan Play On is NOT a DVD player. And like people said, WD TV, Seagate player, Xtreamer, Asus O!Play are the type of players you are looking for. However, they are NOT DVD players.

ooohh thanks... may be but i never wants it to play a dvd.. i just want to play my movies through usb so i do not have to use my desktop..
and secondly i know less bout these so i came here..

Last edited:
Hi..
you may want to consider the Sony BD S370.. it pretty much plays all media formats (mkv, TS,avi,mp4 etc. ) from USB HDD or USB pen drive connected to it.. it can also play DVD and BluRay.. it is selling for less than INR 10,000 (actually around 9000 INR)....pretty good value for money and should solve the purpose you are looking for...
... there is a forum thread for Sony S370 in this site as well....

Hi..
you may want to consider the Sony BD S370.. it pretty much plays all media formats (mkv, TS,avi,mp4 etc. ) from USB HDD or USB pen drive connected to it.. it can also play DVD and BluRay.. it is selling for less than INR 10,000 (actually around 9000 INR)....pretty good value for money and should solve the purpose you are looking for...
... there is a forum thread for Sony S370 in this site as well....

I think you need to reformat HDD to Fat32 and no files can be played bigger than 4 gb right? please confirm

yes indeed you need a FAT32 HDD/USB pen drive. So if you have mkv files larger than 3GB then you need to split it using tools like mkvtoolnix or tsMuxer (several other threads in this forum give plenty of info) ... once you split the file you can keep all the files in one folder and the player will pick and play in sequence automatically .. theres a very short blip as it changes the file...

I asked as that may be deciding factor for many. as you download 15 GB clip and realised that it has to be spliced. also does it support flac and rmvb?again most of the hddsare preformatted to NTFS ,so additional issue of converting it to fat32.
So more and less need an exclusive hdd for it.

not sure about the flac and rmvb format. hv not tried these. probably rmvb it may not support but flac it might.. again guessing.. will see if I can get some of these file and try. Also your point about dedicated HDD is true...
But for the price and ability to play mkv,avi,mp4 containers and the trasnport stream structures (ts, m2ts, avchd) format from USB or burnt on DVD as data files and supportin DTS-ma and DD-TruHD etc. its a good buy.. I gather the prices have droped to 8K range now a days....

not sure about the flac and rmvb format. hv not tried these. probably rmvb it may not support but flac it might.. again guessing.. will see if I can get some of these file and try. Also your point about dedicated HDD is true...
But for the price and ability to play mkv,avi,mp4 containers and the trasnport stream structures (ts, m2ts, avchd) format from USB or burnt on DVD as data files and supportin DTS-ma and DD-TruHD etc. its a good buy.. I gather the prices have droped to 8K range now a days....

Technical specifications BDP-S370

Please be aware that the features/specifications can differ from country to country.

System

BD-ROM (BonusView; Profile 1.1):YES
BD-ROM (BD-Live; Profile 2.0):YES
BD-R/RE Playback:YES
AVC-HD (Disc, USB, DLNA):YES / YES / NO
DVD Video Playback:YES
Audio CD Playback:YES
VCD Playback:NO
Super VCD Playback:NO
DVD-R/RW (Video Format) Playback:YES
DVD-RW (VR Format) Playback:YES
DVD+R/RW Playback:YES
CD-R/RW Playback:YES
SACD Playback:YES
USB Playback:YES
DLNA Client (DMP/DMR):YES (via Firmware update)
JPEG (BD, DVD, CD, USB, DLNA):YES / YES / YES / YES / YES
DivXHD (BD, DVD, CD, USB, DLNA):YES / YES / YES / YES / YES
WMA (BD, DVD, CD, USB, DLNA):YES / YES / YES / YES / YES
WMV (BD, DVD, CD, USB, DLNA):YES / YES / YES / YES / NO
MPEG1/2 (BD, DVD, CD, USB, DLNA):YES / YES / YES / YES / YES
VOB (DVD):YES
VRO (DVD):YES
MPEG4 (BD, DVD, CD, USB, DLNA):YES / YES / YES / YES / YES
WAV (BD, DVD, CD, USB, DLNA):YES / YES / YES / YES / NO
MP3 (BD, DVD, CD, USB, DLNA):YES / YES / YES / YES / YES
MPEG4 AAC (BD, DVD, CD, USB, DLNA):YES / YES / YES / YES / YES

Picture Quality

1080p output (via HDMI):YES

Precision Cinema HD upscale (DVD upscaling to 1080p):YES

Video D/A Converter:12bit / 148.5MHz
24p True Cinema:YES
x.v. Colour:YES
Progressive Scan Output:YES
Precision Drive HD:YES
Deep Colour:YES
Preset Picture Mode:YES

Audio

8ch Linear PCM bitstream out:YES
Dolby TrueHD decoding"YES
Dolby TrueHD bitstream out:YES
DTS-HD Master Audio decoding:YES
DTS-HD Master Audio bitstream out:YES
Audio D/A Converter:192kHz / 24bit

Terminal:
HDMI:1
Component Video Output:1
S-Video Output:NO
Composite Video Output:1
SCART Connector:NO
Digital Audio Output: Coaxial-1
Digital Audio Output: Optical-1
7.1ch Analogue Output:NO
Analogue Stereo Output:YES
Ethernet:YES

source-manual:cool::cool::cool::cool::rolleyes:

can any body suggest ,which dvd player will support files like mkv, wmv, avi,wma,mpeg4, divx etc. for my sony hd tv. plz help me friends,
thanks in advanced

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back