DVI-D to VGA (Male to Female)

ukjeyaraj

My new PC is currently connected to LCD monitor using VGA and resolution is set at 1920x1080. Simultaneously I want to connect the PC with projector too. Projector(Epson EX71) has AV-in,VGA,S-Video and HDMI ports. I already have a VGA cable of 11Mts length(which is the required length). Can I use a DVI-D to VGA converter to connect the projector with PC via its DVI-D port.

Is it possible to get the display on both monitor and projector simultaneously?

Will projector get 1080p signal through DVI-D to VGA cable?

You can connect DVI to HDMI to projector which can give you better & full resolution of your projector.

Secondly since its DVI-D,you cannot get VGA from it.

Are you sure the resolution is 1080p ? AFAIK VGA can not send full HD signals.

Yes its very much possible to add two display devices. Additionally you can choose to configure them as clones or one of them as extended display.

Monitor resolution (right click-->screen resolution) is at 1920x1080. Is it not 1080p?

I had some doubts on max resolution supported by VGA cable and found in the web that some claim to get 2048x1536@75Hz through VGA cable.

You can connect DVI to HDMI to projector which can give you better & full resolution of your projector.

Secondly since its DVI-D,you cannot get VGA from it.

As my current setup is not permanent, intention was to use the existing VGA cable. If that is not possible I will go for proper HDMI cable to connect between PC and projector as both has HDMI port.

Products in the following links claim to convert digital to analogue in DVI-D to VGA adapter. Whats your say on that?

Buy Cheap DVI-D Male to VGA Female Converter Adapter

DVI-D 25 Pin Male to VGA Female Converter Adapter LCD

Before buying any DVI-D to VGA converted, I was just checking with this 11Mt VGA cheapo cable, which was lying with me for sometime. It was a learning experience.

With the 11Mt VGA cable, when I booted the system, the resolution dropped by itself to 1024x768. I could increase it upto 1366x768 later using properties. Still there was dithering around the fonts and icons.

I connected the old original samsung 1.5Mt cable and rebooted the system, and it switched by itself the resolution to 1920x1080.

Now I am not sure if this is due to cheap quality or length of the cable. I think I will now buy HDMI cable without thinking further.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back