dvi-i to hdmi

mahi98

Last edited:
hi
my comp has nvidia 9600gt gpu which has dvi-i interface...and i want to connect it to my led tv that has hdmi...
can i do it by buying a dvi male to hdmi femaleHDMI Female To DVI-I(24+5) 29 PIN Male Adapter Converter For HDTV LCD PC Monitor | eBayand connect a hdmi cablehttp://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...ht_2953wt_1163 from the converters female to my tv's hdmi female and use or do i need some extra equipment??

thanks

:sos:

DVI and HDMI are compatible. You can use the adapter. I have tried it, the only problem is you won't get audio through the DVI out.

i am looking for 10 meters hdmi cable......because except my comp everything else has hdmi.....my tv has a vga port and 2 hdmi port even then i am not going for dvi to vga because i feel it will just be a waste of money as i woudnt have any other use except connecting to my comp to tv which i occasionally do
thanks
p.s i am looking for 10m of hdmi cable,will it work without signal loss??my comp is in other room and i need this length of wire

the only problem is you won't get audio through the DVI out.

The audio support part is partially true only. A few days back I tried the DVI out of my GT520 card using DVI-HDMI adapter and it does support audio. However there was no audio when DVI out of the motherboard is used.

The audio support part is partially true only. A few days back I tried the DVI out of my GT520 card using DVI-HDMI adapter and it does support audio. However there was no audio when DVI out of the motherboard is used.
How can DVI send audio?Was that only connection in the set up that time?

nVidia GPU has the DVI audio option, I had seen this option in the nVidia control panel before but never gave it a try. I was also under the impression that DVI won't support audio, but the moment I connected the dvi out of the GPU to my TV, the default audio device changed to DVI and sound came through the TV speakers. So my PC has four digital audio options - hdmi out of onboard amd gpu, optical out, hdmi and dvi outs of gt520. Previously I was using HDMI out of GT520 for display and AMD HDMI for audio to AVR. Now I am using GT520 DVI for display and HDMI for audio to AVR. DVI audio shows only two channels under playback devices, I will test it with my AVR to see if it can support multi channel.

Just connected the dvi out to my avr and it supports 7.1 audio including hd audio just like hdmi. In short, DVI can support audio also.

j6u1dh.png

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back