Dynaudio Emit M20 and Cambridge Azur 651a

fLUX

Hi FM's,

Wondering how the cambridge 651a Azur amp will pair with the Dynaudio Emit M20. Is there anyone who has tried this combo ?

I am getting the amp anyways , need to decide on speakers to go along with it. I am open to buying used gear as well.

Considering I have the concept 20 wanted something complementary but not too bright. I have thought of the Dynaudio Emit M20, Elac Debut B6.2 . Any other suggestions within 70k range ?

Hi FM's,

Wondering how the cambridge 651a Azur amp will pair with the Dynaudio Emit M20. Is there anyone who has tried this combo ?

I am getting the amp anyways , need to decide on speakers to go along with it. I am open to buying used gear as well.

Considering I have the concept 20 wanted something complementary but not too bright. I have thought of the Dynaudio Emit M20, Elac Debut B6.2 . Any other suggestions within 70k range ?

If you can source from eu, consider kef is 50, it’s under 70k now.

Any input guys , does it make sense to stretch to 70k for bookshelf. Most likely to be run either with a Azur 651a or Marantz PM6006 ?

Those amps may be a bit underpowered for the Emit. I don't have experience with that particular model but have owned older dynaudio speakers and this view is based on that.

I am giving you a comparitive suggestion below

I am using a NAD355BEE with Dynaudio DM 2/6 and it drives the dynes extremely well with lots of power. I think CA650 is equivalent in power ratings to my NAD. Then Emit20 is one step ahead from my Dynes, but I think the ratings are close. Just a tip

Swami

Hi FM's,

I heard from few FMs that Emit M20 goes well with Audio lab amp..Please check it too.

Thanks for your suggestion guys. I am getting the 651a for a good deal , will need to stretch quiet a bit for higher powered amp (I guess atleast 60k odd). Would Dynaudio Emit 20 be a worthwhile upgrade to the Concept 20 which I already own ?

Thanks for your suggestion guys. I am getting the 651a for a good deal , will need to stretch quiet a bit for higher powered amp (I guess atleast 60k odd). Would Dynaudio Emit 20 be a worthwhile upgrade to the Concept 20 which I already own ?
I had auditioned Emit 20 and qacaustics 3050i floorstanders side by side and ended up buying dynaudio. Before audition I had went through so many good reviews of qacaustics 3050i that I had almost made up my mind for it but real audition changed everything, I preferred dynaudio's flavour of sound over any other speaker I heard there.
But It is more a matter of personal taste, I would suggest you to audition Emit 20 before buying. You might like or not like dynaudio's flavour of sound at all. I had also auditioned their Special 40 model it also had the same flavour but more finesse.
I have realised that Emit 20 are very sensitive to placement and need decent space from walls but once you get it right they will reward you with alround pleasure.

I had auditioned Emit 20 and qacaustics 3050i floorstanders side by side and ended up buying dynaudio. Before audition I had went through so many good reviews of qacaustics 3050i that I had almost made up my mind for it but real audition changed everything, I preferred dynaudio's flavour of sound over any other speaker I heard there.
But It is more a matter of personal taste, I would suggest you to audition Emit 20 before buying. You might like or not like dynaudio's flavour of sound at all. I had also auditioned their Special 40 model it also had the same flavour but more finesse.
I have realised that Emit 20 are very sensitive to placement and need decent space from walls but once you get it right they will reward you with alround pleasure.

Hi Amit,
Have heard the old floor standers of Dynaudio and just love their smooth rich sound . What was the price of their Special Forty model ?

Regards

Placement sensitive might be a problem to start with, i would be keeping them on the wooden table of my TV/PC and they would not be quiet far from the walls. I would be running them of a 70WPC amp to start off and plan to upgrade it later.

Yes, the Emit 20 will better the QA. Reach out to FM @Mayank Shah. Just check with him if he is willing to sell them.

MaSh

@MaSh Yes , reached out to him. Just contemplating going for a non-local order for speakers espescially since they are bulky.

@MaSh Yes , reached out to him. Just contemplating going for a non-local order for speakers espescially since they are bulky.
Ah okay. Yes if original packing is not available then shipping them would be a task. I am not sure whether couriers have started yet.

MaSh

Placement sensitive might be a problem to start with, i would be keeping them on the wooden table of my TV/PC and they would not be quiet far from the walls. I would be running them of a 70WPC amp to start off and plan to upgrade it later.
I have also kept them on a wooden shelf and mostly use with tv connected to dac via optical cable. I tried with placement alot and found that they sound full only when I keep approx 60cms away from walls so make sure you have atleast that much of space.
I think 70 wpc amp should be enough.

Understand your concern, but with the shipping volume of 0.114 cubic meters, it can hardly be called bulky. Dynaudio mentions "Compact Bookshelfs" in the first line of introduction. Anyways, good luck with your hunt, do let us know what you got. Cheers

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back