Ebay.in going kaput?

I've never bought anything in ebay, i still don't understand why they can't consolidate the product. A single listing with number of sellers of the same product. The one thing as per me failed them is their logic.

I shopped a lot on ebay.in, for speakers, mobile accessories & especially liked them for refurbished mobiles/ unboxed mobile deals even before amazon.in started them.. Will miss those coupon code e-mailers..

Not sure if Flipkart would allow sellers for refurbished products (mobile), as i haven't came across refurbished products on Flipkart.. Just wish it continues on Flipkart..

It's the best shopping site for DIY like me. On average purchase 3 to 5 orders every month. That makes around 30 to 40 purchases yearly. All my purchases are only from eBay.com. don't remember if I have purchased anything from eBay.in.

I'm an expat from the UK over the the years I bought and sold so much second hand Hi-Fi gear from ebay.uk. Never had any issues dealing with any sellers with Hi-Fi - other stuff ya but never Hi-Fi gear. Found Audiophiles to be very amicable people.

When I retired and moved to Goa two years ago I was expecting ebay.in to be more or less the same, but, boy was I in for a surprise. Just another online shopping portal imported gear too overpriced did not buy a single thing in the end.

Real shame cause the UK site is fantastic for buying and selling too. Could have been great ah well never mind.

The only different thig offered by eBay abroad was the bidding for used goods. In India it wasn't working that way. So eBay. In wasnt anything special. Due to unethical sellers and buyers that kind of business model won't survive in India. I once won a bid from from a european on a bang and olufsen rl 60.2 speakers for 25€. The seller did not refuse sell as it was the winning bid. In fact I got it home, paying the shipping.(i was abroad then)That thing won't happen if bidding is there in India.

Ebay.in was overflowing with fake sellers, and their inability to curb them caused the issue I guess. Ebay lost the trust factor, atleast for me due to couple of repeated instances when the shipment was not at all done and I had to followup with ebay for 1+ month to get my money refunded.

I seriously don't know, did Flipkart buy ebay.in or Ebay bought Flipkart?
Ordered a 5 Cds set from Flipkart and got a fake box with color xerox Cds cover with blank Frontech DVDs.
Buyers beware! IMG_20180804_39551__01.jpg

I seriously don't know, did Flipkart buy ebay.in or Ebay bought Flipkart?
Ordered a 5 Cds set from Flipkart and got a fake box with color xerox Cds cover with blank Frontech DVDs.
Buyers beware! View attachment 29259

Thats just terrible sellers who sell pirated stuff should be kicked off the site once they have been reported.

Whether the seller accepted his mistake and replaced/ refunded or not. Flipkart should protect buyer and take action against the culprit.

Don't think I ever used ebay.in, however I use ebay.com and ebay.co.uk quite regularly and never had an issue. eBay India always seemed to me like a shady avenue for buying anything. Won't miss it!

@[U]drkrack[/U] -...inform them ...previously they used to stock CD"s and ship it to us ...now its more like a platform for various sellers ...some good ..some bad .

What works in other markets may not work in India always ......its to do with the way people are ...lot of unethical business practices are followed here even by so called reputed sellers ...

Whether the seller accepted his mistake and replaced/ refunded or not. Flipkart should protect buyer and take action against the culprit.
What works in other markets may not work in India always ......its to do with the way people are ...lot of unethical business practices are followed here even by so called reputed sellers ...
Flipkart promptly issued a refund, but I never got a Duplicate anytime from Online site, non working out of the box?
yes, they were promptly replaced.
Who knows what the seller was thinking ? That some accept this duplicate CDs without replacing ? Can't say..

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back