Edifier C2 or C3?

Black_Hawk

Hello,

I was looking to buy a set of 2.1 speakers mainly for music. I have zeroed in on the Edifier C2 or the Edifier C3 but the thing is I will be using a spare phone (the Samsung GT-S8500 Wave) to stream my music onto the speakers. In this case which will be a better option to go for, the C2 or the C3?

Thanks,
Black_Hawk

if u stream via bluetooth which will be surely lossy in quality, i think c2 will do the job. btw how u intend to stream to c2/c3 as it doesnt have bluetooth built in.

Hello @gurujee,

Thank-you for the reply! I think I made a wrong choice of words in my post by writing streaming. Hope I will be able to use the dual 3.55mm to RCA connector cable provided with the C2 to connect my phone to it?

Most definitely C3, the difference between C2 and C3 is quite a lot, you will only be able to tell if you have heard them both. Use a good quality sound card if you use it with a PC, it will make you happy!

I also see the Klipsch Promedia 2.1 available at 13k. The C3 is currently being sold at 9.6k. Which one is worth picking up?

If you can get to 13K then Klipsch for sure. While the C3 is commendable in its range, this Klipsch model is almost iconic in terms of computer speakers, you will find that if you do a little research on in the internet.

Flipkart pricing is highly unreliable. The price just shot up to 9664/-. The good thing, I ordered one in the morning for Rs.7280/- COD.

Last edited:
Thanks guys for the replies, appreciate it! I ended up getting the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 via Flipkart through Mark-Infotech.

many congratulations.... so u like it? post a review and pictures :)

@Gurujee:

Many thanks! From the moment I popped open the box of these speakers they have been nothing short of impressive. The build quality is fantastic. The satellites are pretty darn heavy and much bigger than what I was expecting (base up around 9" each). They look really classy perched on my desk. The only thing I would have liked is a remote like the C3 has.

I have been playing my music from the spare Samsung Wave GT-S8500 phone (I generally use this as my music player even for my headphones) and the output has been absolutely spot on. Beautiful balance between the mids and the boom. I was listening to a few favorite tracks from Yanni and the reproduction was exquisite. Not once was the boom of the sub killing the instruments in the background. Bliss. Coming from a Logitech Z-5500 this was such a breather! Money well spent, every bit of it. :)

Now I have a couple of questions @Gurujee:

I won't be connecting these to my main PC as I game a lot (2-3 hours daily, after work) on the main PC and the PS3 and have both of them hooked onto a Logitech Z-5500 as they 5500's really shine with games. Apart from playing my music collection, the Klipsch speakers are being used to stream quite a bit of online radio when I'm at home through my phone/tab so was wondering if getting a DAC like the FiiO E10 will be a wise decision? Will it improve the sound quality?

The other option is I do have a spare PC (simple C2D system) and I can buy an Asus Xonar DX and connect the Klipsch to it. Thing is, I'm wondering if making the additional expenditure on either the FiiO E10 or the Asus Xonar DX be worth it? Will the overall sound quality be upped to a good extent from what it is now because when I do connect the Samsung Wave phone to these speakers the output has been very sweet on my ears.

It would be interesting to read your take on this.

On closer look it seems the FiiO E10 won't work with the phone and speaker combination. Guess the E7 is more suited for using with a phone. I think I'll just have to get an Asus Xonar DX instead.

Here are some photo's of the Kilpsch ProMedia 2.1 that I bought:

http://s14.postimg.org/93flgdjs1/IMAGE00199.jpg

http://s15.postimg.org/jaqqdetcb/DSCF1321.jpg

http://s10.postimg.org/4x9tbcucp/DSCF1323.jpg

http://s23.postimg.org/nxtiu1f2j/DSCF1328.jpg

http://s21.postimg.org/ldwywy8zb/DSCF1332.jpg

http://s16.postimg.org/p5h2fgnit/DSCF1333.jpg

http://s21.postimg.org/m5zmw5d6f/DSCF1336.jpg

Personally, I won't spend more on this if I already have been satisfied with the sound. Further, actually i haven't paired it with any external soundcard or dac like xonar or Fiio. So after your query I am too wondering the same.
But I have listened it with laptop's onboard sound(realtec) - playing both mp3s and Flacs, and I am more than satisfied with the output. You are saying you also listen to online radio, which plays at most 128-192kbps, SO I think the dacs may or may not improve the sound quality to that extent, especially which can be perceivable to the ears. I won't recommend getting the Dacs. Other FMs must have better response to this query.

I put in some thought into the Xonar DX and the FiiO DAC idea's (the FiiO E10 won't work, E7 will) and at present I agree it doesn't seem that I'll be benefiting to a great extent in the additional 5k expenditure on them. Not buying them.

OTOH, I'm going to be getting some nice glass wall racks in the next couple of days to perch up the two satellites against the walls. Will post a photograph of it after it's all complete. :)

congrats on finally the Klipsch being delivered to you, and glad that you are liking them immensely!

IMO, you could save up a little more, and then get a used 'musical' sound card for the speakers sometime later, if you wish to play music on them through your PC. will make a noticeable difference.

also, for the satellites, check these:

HT-55 Satellite Speaker Wall Mounts | India

Many thanks @TheSeeker! :)

Looks like I'll have to go for the sound card soon because judging from the quality of the sound produced by the Klipsch ProMedia's it'll be a crime not to invest in a decent sound card like the Xonar DX. Seriously, the level of detail the speakers reproduce when I'm listening to my favorite tracks from Yanni is absolutely brilliant! But one question I have here is, should I pick up a Xonar DX or a Xonar DG?

About the speaker mounting rack in the link, won't the satellites hanging from the wall with their stands on (I don't see a way to remove the stands from the satellites) look a tad ugly?

Here are a few photographs of the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 that I got after un-boxing them a couple of days ago:

IMAGE00199.jpg

DSCF1321.jpg

DSCF1323.jpg

DSCF1328.jpg

DSCF1332.jpg

DSCF1333.jpg

DSCF1336.jpg

Last edited:
Thought I would add an update here. I got the Asus Xonar DX yesterday and slapped it into my spare C2D system which I have now made my dedicated music rig at home. :)

The card has really made a most significant difference in the sound quality. The sound-stage while playing FLAC files had me absolutely riveted to the song, not to mention the boost in the overall vocals in certain particular songs. I can surely say it's been an expenditure well worth it.

Here are a few photographs of the Asus Xonar DX which I got:

DSCF1348.jpg

DSCF1351.jpg

Regards,
Black_Hawk

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back