ELAC Andrew Jones Designed Debut Series -Prices out

zelda

Hi Folks,

I contacted official ELAC distributors in Bangalore and they informed that the prices for the Debut series are out but it may take a few weeks for the stocks to come in. :licklips:

The prices (approx MRP) as follows.

B5 - 29000
B6 - 36000
F5 - 70000

Demo is not available yet.

That is double the US price. I was excited about these speakers but the pricing is not encouraging!:sad:

Yep... Its almost double. But these are MRP and the selling price will be lower.But still much more than US prices.

It is true for everything, microphones that cost $100 in the US cost Rs.17,000 on the Indian Amazon site.

Even in Singapore it is the same. Not much in terms of savings.

If someone doesn't want to wait, he can directly import these from Amazon.com for same price as mentioned here.

These are great speakers, but the is price is really steep. Best to wait till retailers stay discounting. This should happen after the initial wave of early adopters have bought them.

Wow really? When is this from ? I had always brought speakers along but not of the size b6 though but hadn't faced any duty. Isn't that you can import goods upto 25k iNR without duties as per the rules (although most of the times we bring more value than that and walk clean through the green channel.

But I heard that the customs will charge 30% tax for new speaker set.

correct me someone - but i am actually thinking 85dB is rather low sensitivity for a FS and with a nominal impedance of 6 ohm. The minimum impedance would be lower.

So would these need to be driven by more powerful amps ( ofcourse room dependent ) ??

The build etc.. will be in-line with the price one pays ofcourse..

Has anyone actually heard them ?

rgds

Demo might be available in a few weeks...

And considering the experience with AJs previous product from Pioneers, these should be good. And the ratings are also better than the Pioneers. I am using BS22 for a year now and am very happy with those. What hifi review - http://www.cnet.com/products/elac-debut-b6/

Last edited:
Wow really? When is this from ? I had always brought speakers along but not of the size b6 though but hadn't faced any duty. Isn't that you can import goods upto 25k iNR without duties as per the rules (although most of the times we bring more value than that and walk clean through the green channel.

One of the guys whom I bought my MX-1 informed these.He bought it from Dubai. I am not sure if it is 100% true.

Last edited:
^^ And how exactly we are going to do that?

I am interested in F5, B6/B5, C5, S10/12EQ for building the whole package.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back