ELAC FS 207 A vs Heco Victa Prime 702

kochumvk

Which floor standing speakers will work for me better?

I have the option to choose Used ELAC FS 207 Anniversary edition (with AMT tweeter) or brand new Heco Victa Prime 702s
Will you suggest anything else that I could buy for under 500 euro a pair?

My priorities :
Resolution and details up top. Lows need not dig too deep but should be in 35hz range and fast. Should not be muddy.

My listening room :
I have a 38 square meter room with some furniture and no curtain (or another damping material installed).

My components:
I have Sony TA F 590 ES. If I find it inadequate I will upgrade to Sony 870 ES and recap it.

Purpose:
It will be used for listening rock (of all kinds), Indian classical and blues. Speaker will also be used to watch movies (in simple stereo).

I have auditioned Heco Victa prime 702 with Denon AVR x2xxx series avr in past. The sound signature was little natural and close to warm. Mid range and high frequencies are bit dull making overall presentation monotonous. Build quality was average. Have not auditioned ELAC so can't comment.

I have auditioned Heco Victa prime 702 with Denon AVR x2xxx series avr in past. The sound signature was little natural and close to warm. Mid range and high frequencies are bit dull making overall presentation monotonous. Build quality was average. Have not auditioned ELAC so can't comment.

Thanks, If the highs and mids are poor, it will be a nono.
Will driving with a stereo integrated amp will improve the overall presentation?

Meanwhile, I found this video that compares the two:

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back