Electrical cabling option for Optoma HD20

m.a.sara

Hi,

I have to mount HD20 from 16.4ft from the screen. False ceiling is in progress.
How do I draw the electrical lines? From rack it goes on top of false ceiling and ends near the projector mount.

Now the query is how do I plug the projector to power point among below options .

1. Installation guy recommended to cut one of of projector plug (where 3pins are there) and connect directly to the wire drawn on top of false ceiling. It will have the control near the rack.

2. Or place a socket on false ceiling just near the projector mount and plug in the projector here.

Please guide me how should I go about.

rg,
saravanan

1. Installation guy recommended to cut one of of projector plug (where 3pins are there) and connect directly to the wire drawn on top of false ceiling. It will have the control near the rack.

This is how it is always done. Cut off the projectors plug, fuse and tape the naked wires to the cable that comes from your rack. At the rack end, use a plug and a socket system.

Having a plug and socket within the false ceiling has no value.

Cheers

I've done what Venkat suggested when I installed my pj, easy and simple. The power cord is connected to my UPS, no question of shutting it down "accidentally".

Thanks all!

If I am moving the projector to some other place (rare chance) or for repair(hopefully not), would the cut off end be again joined to make it as before with out any issues?

Last edited:
Sure no problem at all. Just insulate the joints. Actually since it is an IEC power cord you can easily buy a new one from your local market.

You can buy projector power cable of 15M / 10M length and install it through the false ceiling and rack. BTW, it is same as computer power cable socket.
These cables are available in the market for around Rs:800.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back