Emotiva bringing in new 13.2 AVR

ankitbhargava

Supposedly 100 watt per channel, all 13 channels driven!
This is going to one big, heavy and for those used to the finesse of something like a Marantz, a not so pretty looking piece of AV in your rack.
I also doubt if Emotiva will be giving these away like their usual BasX gear. The sweet spot for price would be between a Denon 8500 and 6700. Anything over this and this product is going to be a hard sell.

Or may not be that heavy as power supply may be Smps based like some other Emotiva amps.

Thats a good point. However; can you imagine the heat load this thing will have. If this is all class AB (looks like it) for 13 channels, this thing will need some active cooling. Emotiva are pretty good at this anyway, while keeping it quiet. Its an interesting product. I've been puzzled why there have been no new brand of AV Receivers in the market, other than the usual suspects. This breaks that mold. If they get it right, I am pretty sure we can see some trickle down or cut price versions of the MR1.

I've been puzzled why there have been no new brand of AV Receivers in the market, other than the usual suspects.
I’m assuming the licensing fees for all the various Audio and video formats keeps them away.
Volumes aren’t sufficient and margins are thin. D&M, Yamaha in the budget to mid tier and Arcam in the higher end of the spectrum have the market in their grips. Huge marketing budgets make sure they keep the guppies away. Of course, these are all assumptions. The gun can be pointed away please.
I wonder when they’ll introduce Class D amplification to replace these pizza ovens!

One of my dealer friends is offering this MR 1 for 10-15% less on MRP which I believe is Rs 300000/-

He will include Free Delivery where possible depending on address or at a very nominal charge.

He is accepting Pre Orders now and Delivery will be in January 2023

Those interested can contact him directly to find out more and discuss logistics

Mr Dinesh.

www.neelamavi.co.in (Based in Khar Mumbai).

email: [email protected]

Mobile: 9967801529

Disclaimer:

There is no commission or profit being passed to me. I am just a FM who is trying to help other FMs and get the best at reasonable rates. All the best!

One of my dealer friends is offering this MR 1 for 10-15% less on MRP which I believe is Rs 300000/-

He will include Free Delivery where possible depending on address or at a very nominal charge.

He is accepting Pre Orders now and Delivery will be in January 2023

Those interested can contact him directly to find out more and discuss logistics

Mr Dinesh.

www.neelamavi.co.in (Based in Khar Mumbai).

email: [email protected]

Mobile: 9967801529

Disclaimer:

There is no commission or profit being passed to me. I am just a FM who is trying to help other FMs and get the best at reasonable rates. All the best!
Wow! The discounted price will be a steal!
Full specs out?

(Edit) From AVSF:

Would like to more soon. Final price?
Yesterday I installed Emotiva Mr1 avr.
And its really powerful. Out of the box it is a very engaging and amplification is top notch.
I have not yet run the Emo Eq but still sound is really superb.

It's big n heavy almost 23kgs. Much bigger than my previous marantz 6011 avr and my initial impressions that is better than marantz. Neat clean back side easy to install wires.
I will post my thoughts after I ran the EMO EQ.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back