• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Emotiva MC700 or Marantz NR1609 for use as a pre/pro

garfield

Hi

I am planning to use a 3.1 channel configuration only at my new place. I have no place for surrounds. I already have a Emotiva 3 channel Power amp (250 x3) and the speakers and sub (Cadence Electrostat Fronts, Martin Logan center and B&W sub)

I was either thinking of buying a Emotiva MC700 with the bluetooth module or buying a receiver with pre outs, the Marantz NR1609 or the NAD T758 (regular or V3). I would use the receivers with pre-outs as a processor only.

The Emotiva and the Marantz would cost me the same and the regular NAD as well. The V3 will cost me quite a bit more.

Would the Emotiva be better or would the Marantz or NAD be better?

Thanks

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

jr83

Why the 1609 when the NR1509 also accepts pre-outs and you're only looking at 3.1?

Also, the 758 V3 is exorbitantly priced in India. But you do get Dirac Live!

lalit09

What price you getting for this 3 , i believe emotiva is better than marantz 1609, no idea about nad.

efernand1

Hi

I am planning to use a 3.1 channel configuration only at my new place. I have no place for surrounds. I already have a Emotiva 3 channel Power amp (250 x3) and the speakers and sub (Cadence Electrostat Fronts, Martin Logan center and B&W sub)

I was either thinking of buying a Emotiva MC700 with the bluetooth module or buying a receiver with pre outs, the Marantz NR1609 or the NAD T758 (regular or V3). I would use the receivers with pre-outs as a processor only.

The Emotiva and the Marantz would cost me the same and the regular NAD as well. The V3 will cost me quite a bit more.

Would the Emotiva be better or would the Marantz or NAD be better?

Thanks
If I recall correctly, the NR series of Marantz has only L+R preouts...besides the subwoofer out.....I believe the Emotiva would be a better deal.

SPONSORED ADS