• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

SOLD Emotiva XDA-1 DAC

Luxman Amplifiers India

kapvin

For Sale is an Emotiva XDA-1 DAC
24bit 192khz.

Inputs
2 Optical, 2 Coax Spdif; 1 AES/EBU digital input
AD1955 DAC chip
1 USB input (limited to 48khz) not the best sound in this mode.

Balanced and unbalanced Output
Class A output
OPA2134 OpAmps

some (old) links
https://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews...ifferential-reference-dac-for-the-audiophile/
https://darko.audio/2011/08/emotiva-xda-1-dac/
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/emotiva-xda-1.14010/reviews

Reason for sale - not being used at all.
set it up to check before posting.. if you want USB works really well with DigiOne player outputting to the COax.
I am the first owner, it has been shipped directly from Emotiva to me.

Expected Price Rs 6000/-
Infinitely prefer local pick up (Thane 400607), please come, check, listen and decide
Can ship at consignee's risk and cost.

IMG_2850.JPG IMG_2851.JPG IMG_2852.JPG

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
  5. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  6. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  7. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  8. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  9. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  10. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
  6. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.

kapvin

Hello all,

I have received some queries and I thought it best to reply in a post so that it might answer any unsaid questions in the minds of any interested in this product.

1. Yes, it has a volume control. But it is in the digital domain. and it does not seem to follow the log slope of most common volume controls, so it is not so userfriendly. for any planning to use this as a pre-amp, remember this does not leverage all the dac's strength fully. having said that it has both balanced and unbalanced outputs with high voltage, so it should not struggle to drive a power amp directly (I have used it that way, on occasion, its just not the best way)

2. Yup, there is a USB input and it plays music. and it is just functional. if you plan to just connect this to PC and play music there are much, much better ways to spend your money. OTOH, if you have a transport, and it outputs coax or even optical, this product shines. I remember how I loved its tone, especially on sparser arrangements. (see additional comments below)

3. Yes there is a remote. It is a standard aluminium emotiva remote, with volume and source and power switching. it's not as cosmetically flawless as the DAC is. will post some pictures

4. I am the first owner. I just looked up the invoice. the paypal invoice is dated 24th Nov 2010 and it would have reached me about 15 or 20 days later (i used borderlinx at that time). it was used regularly till 2013, when i moved to an active system, so I did not need a DAC. It has been boxed ever since, save a brief period when a friend borrowed it (AFAIK he never got around to using it)

not to distract from my own for sale thread, but i am so impressed with the DigiOne transport. compared XMC-1+ poweramp, and this has a distinctly better than the USB input of the XMC-1. underlines 2 things, USB implementations are still not perfect, and a good transport can make a huge difference.

hope this clarifies most doubts.

srikarkav

Hi,
I got a 75w @ 8 ohms Yamaha receiver and adding a Nobsound 6j1 preamp to it soon.Will it make the sound more cleaner and detailed if i add your emotiva to the lineup? Always felt a lot curious about DACs.
Thanks for your time.
Sridhar C

kapvin

Hello.

DAC is blocked for an FM and Payment received. Will keep thread open till product is delivered ..

srinisundar

Hi,
I got a 75w @ 8 ohms Yamaha receiver and adding a Nobsound 6j1 preamp to it soon.Will it make the sound more cleaner and detailed if i add your emotiva to the lineup? Always felt a lot curious about DACs.
Thanks for your time.
Sridhar C

How are you Sir, If you want you can try mine and check the performance.

Kannan

Hi,
Thanks for your time.
Sridhar C

They will not sound good with the stock tubes. But with replacement tubes, they do bring in some smoothness, especially if you have a bit too digital sounding DAC. The cable quality also matters here

Kannan

I you borrow, Srini's sir's 6J1, you can also try it with the replacement tubes I have. Infact we can try a joint session.

srikarkav

How are you Sir, If you want you can try mine and check the performance.
Hi Srini,
How are you? Delighted to hear from you after a long time. Talked to Murali some time back.
Thanks for your offer of trying out your DAC.You are as hospitable as ever. :)
Got the Nobsound pre amp today.Will be adding it to my stereo receiver and test it today. Let us meet sometime for old time sake and I will bring my little tube pre and test it along with your dac.
Thanks again and let us keep in touch.

Cheers.

srikarkav

They will not sound good with the stock tubes. But with replacement tubes, they do bring in some smoothness, especially if you have a bit too digital sounding DAC. The cable quality also matters here
Hi Kannan,
Will be ordering GE Jan5654w tubes from aliexpress soon.Hope the Nobsound takes the edge off my otherwise sweet sounding Yamaha.Thanks for offering the tubes to try.Surely we will meet at Srini’s home sometime.
Cheers.

srinisundar

Hi Srini,
How are you? Delighted to hear from you after a long time. Talked to Murali some time back.
Thanks for your offer of trying out your DAC.You are as hospitable as ever. :)
Got the Nobsound pre amp today.Will be adding it to my stereo receiver and test it today. Let us meet sometime for old time sake and I will bring my little tube pre and test it along with your dac.
Thanks again and let us keep in touch.

Cheers.
Good to hear from you too sir..

I have the same Emotiva XDA-1 DAC also and you can try that, just i am using it for the convenience of the connection and also as pre-amp.

kapvin

Hey Srini, nice to see you in my thread. Hope you are well. I hope you are enjoying your xda-1

My unit is sold, shipped to an FM and received.

Thank you all for your interest.

EDIT: Mods, with the new forum design I cannot find an option to close the thread. could you please do so?

Last edited:

srinisundar

Yep. Thanks Krish. XDA-1 is one of the pre-amp and it will shine with the combination of only Emotiva products. For others it is an pre-amp with digital volume control and very good add on multiple ports to play around connecting different streamers/cd players for convenience.

Have to add it is one of the best built DAC in visual and the superb remote is worth more than the price you quoted.