Emotiva's XDA-1 DAC : Is it worth wait?

sonic_nirvana

Hi All,

I am looking to upgrade my weakest link in my Stereo setup, iPod to a decent DAC. Most of the tracks I listen to are in Apple Lossless Format and MP3 320kbps. My other components are Denon-2310 AVR and Dali Blue 6006 (FS).

I have chosen Beresford Caiman TC-7520, but want to know if XDA-1 is worth wait.

Emotiva mentioned that they will accept the Pre-orders in few days and will start shipping from October.

Both units are priced around 300 USD.

I didn't find any threads on XDA-1 in HFV. So here are the specs (from Emotiva Lounge)

Frequency Response: 5-48kHz
THD: .001%
S/N ratio: 110db
Ground Floor Noise: 15uV
Nominal Output: 1V RMS
Peak Output: 9V RMS
Data Rate: Up to 24 bit/192kHz
Segmented Power Supply

Inputs: (2) Toslink SPDIF, (2) Coax Digital, (1) USB 2.0, (1) AES/EBU

Outputs: (2) XLR Balanced, (2) RCA Un-balanced

Controls: Input Selection, Volume Up/Down, Panel Dim, Mute, Standby

Display: Single line VFD and LED

Remote: Milled Aluminum with all controls

Some Pics

angle.jpg

profile.jpg

back.jpg

remote2.jpg

Thanks
Satya

Ask me, I waited 6 months in pre-order list for my HD surround sound processor - Emotiva UMC-1. I am glad I had the patience and support of members(specially audiodelic and others) here who encouraged me to wait patiently.

Like all things Emotiva, it will be worth the wait IMO. Spec and performance wise it will blow away products in the sub $1000 category.

First it has balanced outs which beresfords dont have, whether that is useful in your chain of components or not.
The remote also is a big plus imo.

ipod to dac is tough. I hope you are aware that this dac may not be able to pull digital from ipod.

I think, imho, that a device of this size would make more sense if it had cdp+dac functionality.

^ I think their size is standardized to make an all Emotiva setup neat ;)

Looks apart, performance and comparison to DACs priced in that range (incl the rDAC) is the key.

Read the response from emotiva sales :cool:

Hello ,

we are still forecasting late fall to early winter 2010 for the XDA-1. I understand pricing will be under $300.00 USD! Unheard of for this kind of performance and quality. This will surely change your perception of what is the required investment in a high end DAC.

Thank you very much for your interest and support.

Best regards.

Vincent Chen

Sales Manager

Emotiva Audio

135 Southeast Parkway Court

Franklin, TN 37064

615 790 6754

Hi All,

I am looking to upgrade my weakest link in my Stereo setup, iPod to a decent DAC. Most of the tracks I listen to are in Apple Lossless Format and MP3 320kbps. My other components are Denon-2310 AVR and Dali Blue 6006 (FS).

Satya ,
you Said ipod to DAC ???????????????????/ .Change the source please :)

Last edited by a moderator:
More information on XDA-1 can be found here: http://emonatics.com/XDA-1.shtm

Can anyone shed light on AD1955 DAC and how it compares to other DAC chips?

They seem to have individual segmented power supply and discrete output stage (scroll down to end of the page).

I think the next line of :
XDA-1(DAC),
XMC-1(processor) ,
XSP-1(pre-amplifier) are all going to be fabulous and ground-breaking. But the wait is tiresome !
I am in dilemma whether to wait for XMC-1 and XSP-1.
Whats the date for XMC ?
thanks

Received an email from Emotiva today...

Dear Friends,

We are happy to announce the release of the XDA-1 and are now taking pre-orders.

Please visit our website to reserve your unit today! Shipping of products will begin December 1, 2010.

Emotiva Audio XDA-1 Digital-to-Analog Converter

Enjoy!

Dan and Cathy Laufman
Emotiva Audio Corporation
Emotiva Audio: Audiophile Quality Multi Channel Amplifiers, Stereo Preamplifiers, Audio/Video Processors, and Award Winning Speaker Systems At Direct Prices

Last edited:
Received an email from Emotiva today...

Dear Friends,

We are happy to announce the release of the XDA-1 and are now taking pre-orders.

Please visit our website to reserve your unit today! Shipping of products will begin December 1, 2010.

Emotiva Audio XDA-1 Digital-to-Analog Converter

Enjoy!

Dan and Cathy Laufman
Emotiva Audio Corporation
Emotiva Audio: Audiophile Quality Multi Channel Amplifiers, Stereo Preamplifiers, Audio/Video Processors, and Award Winning Speaker Systems At Direct Prices

I've reserved mine :yahoo:

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back