Enabling Airplay functionality in Denon 2113

gchirag

HI Guys,

Can anyone assist me in configuring the airplay functionality in Denon 2113? I have a ipad mini & would like to stream media through the Denon AVR. But I don't know how to go about it. I have a wifi setup at home.

Thanks in advance

1) From your Wifi Router- Connect an Ethernet cable to the Denon 2113 receiver
2) On your Denon 2113- go to setup menu and enable your Network connectivity for the Receiver
3) On your ipad go to Music- You should see Airplay Logo-- Select your Denon 2113 receiver
4) Select any music from your itunes library- and it should start playing thru you r receiver

So an ethernet cable is a must? The 2113 doesn't have inbuilt wifi? I ask this because my modem is downstairs & this room is upstairs in the opposite direction. I would have to get a very long ethernet wire to go around the house to reach the denon...:sad:

You can use a WiFi bridge rather than using an ethernet wire. You will need another wifi router/bridge which will talk to the one connected to modem. From the bridge you can take the ethernet cable to your receiver. You can get wifi-bridge for under 1k. You can also convert a normal router into wifi-bridge by flashing it with DD-wrt firmware. I am using the same setup for 1713.

For more info check out following link:
Wireless Bridge - DD-WRT Wiki

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back