Enhance movie watching experience & a bit of audio

vignessh

Hi,

Ever since I changed to a flat tv, the audio needs to be kept slightly higher in order to decipher whats been spoken. Somehow that clarity is missing.

I want to rectify that by going for a decent HT setup.

Budget: I have limited my budget as of now to 70k, would be willing to stretch to 1l if needed.
Listening taste: In terms of usage it is going to be 70% movies and 30% to music. I'm primarily looking for clarity in speech/dialogues without having to turn up the volume a lot. Same applies for the music experience as well. I listen to mostly melodies/carnatic/vocal types, so not very particular about the thump. Most of the movie watching will be via the set top box (or) via external hard drive, so not sure of the surround audio experience coming from those sources.
Listening area: I live in an apartment. The setup will be installed in the living room. It measures 19 ft x 15 ft. It also has the dining area on the side. I do not want floorstanding speakers as I have toddlers running around and therefore would prefer wall mounted ones.

Any suggestions would be appreciated greatly.

Thanks,
Vignessh

The clarity of dialogues that you not able to hear clearly & pushing up volume is very common in TV's...

From my experience this can be reasonably improved thru digital room correction feature aval in AVR.... I watch DTH channels thru my AVR and the dialogues are much better than before....

You have a good budget of >=70K...Consider Denon X-1000 for AVR & satellite based systems....

Boston Acoustics SoundWare S 5.1 Home Theater Speaker System

Boston Acoustics A 2310HTS Home Theater Speaker Package (Black Finish)

Wharfedale Moviestar MS-100 HCP 5.1 Home Theatre Cinema Package

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back