• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Wanted Entry Level DAC+Headphone Amp and Headphones under 20k

DesiAudiophile

Hello members, I'm looking for my first Head-Fi setup and am looking for members who are willing to sell their DAC with headphone amp. and a headphone. I can make upto 20k and i live in Chennai so local sellers i can come and get components from you.

DAC requirements :-
I primarily need a DAC with an in-built headphone amp. which can be used in PC/laptop

Headphones :-
Headphone should be in entry level audiophile quality standard compatible with the DAC+Amp. provided

So offer your used products and let me review

Regards
DA

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

anubisX

You can get new one in your budget. Just check out on Headphonezone.in

Try this combo, Schiit Fulla + Bayerdynamic DT770 Pro. Recently, a FM bought the Fulla and he's really surprised with the performance. If you can extend your budget a bit, HiFiMan EF2C is a great buy.

Last edited:

Audiodoc

O2 plus ODAC from head n headfi Switzerland or jdslabs USA with be a great ampdac. Get a 5xx sennheiser to pair with it. Later you can upgrade to an orthodynamic headphone from hifiman.

oyster

20K is a tight budget for all components. Most budget headphones have limited technical abilities and won't benefit much from DAC/Amps. It's only when you have a capable headphone that you'll appreciate the amping/source benefits.
Get a used HD650 and start to build a system around it. HD650 + Geek Out V2 should be a very fine combo.

mpw

Asus xonar u7..

Try and see if it suits you

avesbilal

If you can extend your budget Audio-gd NFB-11 will be great and might not require to look for a DAC when you go for stereo system.

I don't have any personal experience with this product but it looks great with its specs.

I currently use same chip DAC ESS 9018 in my system, and I can say it is very musical and has great details.

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB112014/NFB112014EN.htm

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

ranjeetrain

I agree with the Sennheiser HD 650 suggestion. Senn 650 comes as close to the best dynamic phones as it can get. I power it with a Nuforce Icon HDP. What a match! Lush mids, plesant highs and oodles of power for a lively dynamic sound.

With 20k, you can start a journey. But if you stretch a bit with that combo you can start the journey on a note from where upgrades will be too expensive to make it an easy decision.

But if you must stay within 20k or thereabouts, look at Sennheiser HD 598. What a great phone at a great price. Will cost you 13k odd at Amazon India. Add an entry level DAC/AMP combo from SMSL/Schiit and you are good to go.

elangoas

SPONSORED ADS