Epos

Kushanava

Hi All,
Below are the available Models for Epos
1.M12i
2.Epic 2
3.Elan 15
4.Epic 5 (floor standards)

I have only heard the M12i , as the rest is not available in Kolkata.
Since very little information is available for the Elan series , can any one share their listening experiences of these speakers.There is nothing better than A/B comparison of the above ...

epos_m12i_1.jpg

M12i is a good speaker and as it is an older model you can ask for a lower price on them. With the lower price they are value for money.

what amp have you got ?? if its brighter.. try the epic series ( PM Kittu ) and if its relaxed amp.. then Epos M12i ..without hesitation.. without regret.. ALL THE WAY !!

Ofcourse.. the usual disclaimer.. YMMV

mpw

M12i is an excellent speaker. Very versatile. It's an old model not sure if it's still in production. I heard it a loooooong time ago with a Creek amp (I forget the model...5210???) They made sweet music together...

It's not the easiest of speakers to drive so please ensure your amp has enought juice to run it...

Haven't heard the Epic or Elan...sorry...

Thanks everyone for praising M12i and rebuilding my confidence on the speakers.I also loved them when I auditioned them.I heard them with a sugden amp.They were brilliant but was a tad on the brighter side.So I was hoping to get a complete review of the Elan and epic series (which uses soft dome tweeters) before finalizing on the buy.
I currently have an old 60 W COSMIC amp (indian make) which works well with the wharfs 9.1 and planning to move to an adcom 555 (used) later on.

I have listened to EPOS EPIC 2 series paired with creek destiny amp +Creek CDP and the combination was fantastic. Played pretty much all kinds of music and it is a complete all-rounder system and definitely will not disappoint you. EPOS + Creek definitely is a foot tapping pair. These bookshelf speakers are big and they need some good stands. Many reviews claim even Rega amp goes really well with EPOS.

You need to make a trip to bangalore. Reference point has most speakers that you want to audition and buy.

Kushanava,

I never had the chance to compare the M12 series with EPIC. Epic is a different league and so is elan. Our forum members mpw and srinisundar are using m12 and m5i series for quite some time. PM them to know more information.

remember - soft dome DOES NOT mean soft highs..

maybe you may like the cymbal crisp ..

please let us know about the amp you have / plan

mpw

Epos M12i has good lows and highs but very recessed and harsh mids as per my experience. Will require some room treatment to correct that after which it should be okay.

Epos M12i has good lows and highs but very recessed and harsh mids as per my experience. Will require some room treatment to correct that after which it should be okay.

How can a speaker producing harsh mids in the first hand can be corrected with room treatment? It will sound harsh directly to my ears even before the room acoustic comes into play.
Please do correct me if I am wrong.

How can a speaker producing harsh mids in the first hand can be corrected with room treatment? It will sound harsh directly to my ears even before the room acoustic comes into play.
Please do correct me if I am wrong.

Earlier cancellations from the walls needs to be controlled with some kind of absorption / diffusion to reflect less from the walls before they cancel each other to cause a loss in the mid-range before they reach your ears, . Treatment always does not mean you need to use expensive materials for that, even a careful placement of speakers with respect to your listening position and surroundings can do the trick.

Earlier cancellations from the walls needs to be controlled with some kind of absorption / diffusion to reflect less from the walls before they cancel each other to cause a loss in the mid-range before they reach your ears

And I knew that cancellation causes due to interference of waves in different(or opposite phase, incase of complete cancellation) phases - destructive interference. Okay that is for loss of mids which is generally not signature BUT about frequency response of the speaker. In such case we work with room acoustics to enforce the frequency range.

But my concern was about the signature of the speaker that is harshness in the mids. How that can be corrected treating room acoustics?

Treatment always does not mean you need to use expensive materials for that, even a careful placement of speakers with respect to your listening position and surroundings can do the trick.

I never said it is about expense. If that meant so, I will go back to nursery again :lol:

remember - soft dome DOES NOT mean soft highs..

maybe you may like the cymbal crisp ..

please let us know about the amp you have / plan

mpw

I have ordered the MF m3i from Malaysia.
My parents (who are on a vacation trip) will be picking it up today.Anxiously waiting for them to return home on Sunday!!!

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back