Epson EH-TW6100 vs Epson EH-TW8200

hariprakash

Dear Friends,

I am planning to buy a projector for home purpose. My main interest is movies... (Room size 12x10 and screen size 140")

I have two models in mind.

1. Epson EH-TW6100
2. Epson EH-TW8200

I couldn't find the differences between these two models anywhere in the internet. But, these two models come with a huge difference of 1 Lakh and I don't know why.

Can someone guide me with the features and difference for these two projector. And, also feel free to let me know other models that are good.

Regards,
Prakash

I have TW 8200 and using it for the past 2-3 months. The picture quality is just outstanding. The 8200 has a very good contrast ratio and is very bright too so one can see the movies in normal ambient light without much problem. If funds is not an issue, go for 8200. You will not regret it. I also took demo of all three proj of Epson before deciding on the 8200. Also your 140 inch screen seems to be too big for 12x10 room. Please refer www.projectorcentral.com site for a proper guidance.

Plus tw6100 does not have lens shift. That makes installation at any place is much easier. Of you can afford go for the tw8200.u will not regret it. I am using 8100 and loving it. It did not think I would be using my home theatre that much. I thought will see movie on weekend or may be twice a day. But we are there every night watching tv listening to sings or watching movies

Thank you for your valuable inputs, Friends...

I think I am gonna go for 8200... Is 140" a big issue for a room size of 12x10? I am just confused with these sizes...

Regards,
Hari Prakash

Forget about viewing distance, i don't think you can even fit a 140" 16:9 screen in a 10 feet wall. I don't think you can do it even on a 12 feet wall. I have 13x13 room and can just about fit a 120" screen with some space (a foot maybe) on each side. You will fall short of width.

For me the biggest advantage was the placement flexibility that 8200 provides. I wanted to mount at center of my back wall instead of ceiling mount. So the 6100 was non-starter.

You can check projectorcentral.com for feature compare.

HTH

_Rahul.

Plus tw6100 does not have lens shift. That makes installation at any place is much easier. Of you can afford go for the tw8200.u will not regret it. I am using 8100 and loving it. It did not think I would be using my home theatre that much. I thought will see movie on weekend or may be twice a day. But we are there every night watching tv listening to sings or watching movies

I totally agree with Rupinder. We have a Sony LED TV of 52" size but still everyday we watch the TV prog on the 106" screen with TW8200 projector. The quality is so good that now we find the 52" TV to be too small :licklips:
Of course, HD prog looks awesome on screen while our Indian news prog looks bad.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back