Epson or benq?

Pearlkink

Hi everyone,
I was in the process of upgrading my equipment. Bought some QA speakers, and wanted to purchase an epson tw9400 but the dealer said it’ll take 2 weeks to come. However I have waited 3 months but he says even epson has no idea when it’ll arrive. He’s been pushing the benq w5700 for a while, but I assumed it was better to wait for the Epson as it was cheaper and had more features. However since I am not able to find the Epson for so long, I wanted to know if the benq was good enough.
Btw my dealer also called me today to say that he has a new benq x3000i, which he claims is the best of them all. Quite confused and been waiting for so long, any help will be appreciated.
Thanks guys.

9400 Pros:
1. 3LCD based so will not have rainbow effects
2. Motorized lens adjustments
3. Relatively cheaper lamp replacement cost

9400 Cons:
1. Not true 4k
2. Not smart (Can be considered as pro depending on your view)

Also consider the price difference between the two. I believe the BenQ will be quite more expensive that the Epson.

The benq is around 35k more than the Epson, even though I’ve heard the Epson is a better projector overall. However I cannot find it in stock anywhere at the price it should be (around 1.8-1.9L). I’ve been waiting for it for 3 months now and all the dealers keep saying it’ll come in 15 days every time I ask, and frankly I’m getting a little impatient. Would it be worth it to wait a bit more or get the benq even thought it’s probably less value for money? Not able to find any other options around this budget.

I have a Epson - will be soon upgrading to Benq X3000i, I think except for black levels...Benq has a clear advantage over Epson
Epson 9400 is 2019 model - Benq is 2022
2600 lumens Vs 3000 lumens (LED is more intense light more popping colors)
Lamp life Vs 20000 hrs LED
LCD Vs Texas Instruments latest DMD 0.65 that uses 4LED
Huge adv in 3D (im a big time into 3D, so thats huge for me, apparently this one does fantastic 3D, sucks to know Epson dropped 3D from their new laser line up)
Clarity contrast and detail due to the LED light engine (4LED)
Can project 150 inch from just 12.3 feet, solves my problem of having immersive screen in no so deep room (14 feet)
Hope this helps to provide perspective..

I have a Epson - will be soon upgrading to Benq X3000i, I think except for black levels...Benq has a clear advantage over Epson
Epson 9400 is 2019 model - Benq is 2022
2600 lumens Vs 3000 lumens (LED is more intense light more popping colors)
Lamp life Vs 20000 hrs LED
LCD Vs Texas Instruments latest DMD 0.65 that uses 4LED
Huge adv in 3D (im a big time into 3D, so thats huge for me, apparently this one does fantastic 3D, sucks to know Epson dropped 3D from their new laser line up)
Clarity contrast and detail due to the LED light engine (4LED)
Can project 150 inch from just 12.3 feet, solves my problem of having immersive screen in no so deep room (14 feet)
Hope this helps to provide perspective..
What's the current street price of Benq x3000i?
Did you had any demo

Im building my HT, will be pulling the trigger in couple of weeks, one should be to get this around the advertised price of 9400

Im building my HT, will be pulling the trigger in couple of weeks, one should be to get this around the advertised price of 9400
X3000i is primarily gaming projector. The home theater version of it will apparently be released in the first quarter of 2023.

Have you looked at ultra short throw projectors?
There are a few which don't have a 120" screen size limit.
150" from 2.5 feet.

X3000i is primarily gaming projector. The home theater version of it will apparently be released in the first quarter of 2023.
yes had heard about but this will still be lamp based not a LED...want to move away from lamps. 4LED enhances HDR brightness/pop so from a HDR/3D standpoint HT version will not represent fantastic value that X3000i brings.

Have you looked at ultra short throw projectors?
There are a few which don't have a 120" screen size limit.
150" from 2.5 feet.
yes have auditioned some of these one is XGIMI Aura laser but some how for me large screen size might be going 160 inch near screen placement doesnt work

On another note anyone going for a XGIMI demo, have those guys turn off the motion smoothening (MEMC). It totally ruined the experience all the movies looked like soap opera.

yes had heard about but this will still be lamp based not a LED...want to move away from lamps. 4LED enhances HDR brightness/pop so from a HDR/3D standpoint HT version will not represent fantastic value that X3000i brings.
No man, I am talking about LED projector. It's even expected to have lens-shift and is most likely to be more expensive than X3000i. Basically w5700 successor but with LED. But 2023 is a long wait.

The lamp-based one that you are referring to will be w2700 successor, and is expected this year (2022) itself.

Ok afaik it will be a lamp based model (this information is coming from some of the UK forums). All W series are lamp based models. But I am not disputing the information you have. Guess we got to wait

In a dark light controlled room around 1800-2200 lumens would be most ideal. The benq 5700 picture would be sharper than the epson. I prefer the picture quality of benq over the more expensive sony 290 es, it is too bright/sparkly and too much film grain for my taste in medium sized rooms. If your sitting distance is 20ft sony may be acceptable.

even the optoma or viewsonic cannot match the pic quality of benq even though they use same ti chips. It is all in the lens and software color wheel tuning.

Back