Epson Projector Naming Confusion ?

vramak

In our forum most seem to suggest that Epson 3020 is the same as Epson TW6100 and Epson 5020UB is the same as Epson TW8100. But the pricing seems to be odd.

US Models

Epson 3020+2 pairs of 3D glasses: $1439 ie. Rs.83K
Epson 3020e+2 pairs of 3D glasses: $1899 ie. Rs.110K
Epson 5020UB+2 pairs of 3D glasses: $2599 ie. Rs.150K​

Indian Models

Epson TW6100 + 1 pair of 3D glasses: Rs.97K
Epson TW8100 + 1 pair of 3D glasses: Rs.130K​

So, is the (Indian) Epson TW8100 the same as (US) Epson 5020UB? Or is it the equivalent model for Epson 3020e ?

TW8100 is the same as 5020UB... There might be a minor diff(I think TW8100 does not have THX mode) but other than that it is basically the same projector... Epson projectors are very competently priced in India... In 5020UB/TW8100's case they are actually cheaper here than in the US... I & many others have already stated this bit of info many times here already :) ...

TW8100 is the same as 5020UB... There might be a minor diff(I think TW8100 does not have THX mode) but other than that it is basically the same projector... Epson projectors are very competently priced in India... In 5020UB/TW8100's case they are actually cheaper here than in the US... I & many others have already stated this bit of info many times here already :) ...

Thanks for the confirmation! Just checked Epson India's site which wasn't working a while ago - Epson EH-TW8100 - TW8100 does in fact have 320,000:1 contrast ratio. Strangely, TW8100 is much cheaper here while TW6100 is more expensive here.

Now I feel like I made a mistake purchasing Benq W1070 in the US. I might actually sell it and buy the TW8100 here. :)

Thanks for the confirmation! Just checked Epson India's site which wasn't working a while ago - Epson EH-TW8100 - TW8100 does in fact have 320,000:1 contrast ratio. Strangely, TW8100 is much cheaper here while TW6100 is more expensive here.

Now I feel like I made a mistake purchasing Benq W1070 in the US. I might actually sell it and buy the TW8100 here. :)

How is your experience with 1070 ? What is the max distance you can place it from the screen ? Heard that it is a short throw PJ and there is lot of light leakage and also fan noise is more !! What about RBE ?

How is your experience with 1070 ? What is the max distance you can place it from the screen ? Heard that it is a short throw PJ and there is lot of light leakage and also fan noise is more !! What about RBE ?

I have only tested the projector with an off white wall as I am yet to setup my home theater room. I projected a 135"-140" (10' wide) image from a distance of about 14'. The best way to describe the image quality of this projector is, it is like watching a giant laptop screen. Sharpness is excellent, colours are great, image quality wows you. But when playing dark scenes, you really get reminded that you're using a low end projector. Black levels are no better than a typical cheap laptop screen. You really need a room with dark walls and ceilings to make dark scenes look better. 3D is incredible though. I tested it with The Hobbit and Avatar. Both looked great. 3D effect is truly better than HDTVs and cinema screens. I still don't know what rainbow effect is. So I guess I haven't noticed it.

Overall, I am very satisfied. I initially wanted to sell this and get Epson TW5010 but after watching a couple of movies with this, I decided I'll keep this. Hope that helps!

Hello vramak can u please tell me the details where I could get the above mentioned price for 6100 I spoke to many dealers and all of them have quoted 1.2lakhs

Hello vramak can u please tell me the details where I could get the above mentioned price for 6100 I spoke to many dealers and all of them have quoted 1.2lakhs

Talk to sound scape . The last they quoted me a month back was 98k+taxes. You can also talk to Varay, Mumbai. Even they quoted me the same price.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back