Equivalent to Altec Lansing Multimedia speaker system AVS300 (Woofer included)

Harshal77

I love my Altec Lansing Multimedia speaker system AVS300 (Woofer included) .
Using it since last 15 years. But now its one speaker is not working, woofer also giving some distortion, volume seems bit low. I am ready to repair it.
Or cany someone suggest me new system which will be as great as above for my pc. Please help.

Using it since last 15 years. But now its one speaker is not working, woofer also giving some distortion, volume seems bit low. I am ready to repair it.
Or cany someone suggest me new system which will be as great as above for my pc. Please help.
:) I had the same system for my PC in 2001. Neat little product ,sounded pretty good. Why not get it checked by someone local. If it's just foam rot, you can get it done for cheap. Even re-coning the speakers, i think they are paper should get them running. I would try this first.

Carry the same to Lamington Road (Grant Road East) and get it fixed.....lot of repairers and reconing guys....Near Hotel Grant

:) I had the same system for my PC in 2001. Neat little product ,sounded pretty good. Why not get it checked by someone local. If it's just foam rot, you can get it done for cheap. Even re-coning the speakers, i think they are paper should get them running. I would try this first.
yes.. I have same plan :)

What would be your budget for the new system?..

I can spend upto 5K... Actually I ordered 'Blaupunkt SP-212 Bluetooth Home Audio Multimedia 2.1 Speaker'. And returned it very next day :). Sound was not good at all. Woofer was so weak and sound so plasticy.

Wow!
I had the same speakers when my father gifted me my first computer in 2003.
They’re still working but the volume has gone down and so is the bass from the subwoofer.
I discovered so much music on these little speakers and I loved them!
All the best with the repairs!
If you’re still looking for PC active monitors, I’d recommend checking out Mackie CR series. I’ve heard CR3 and CR4. I loved them for a PC setup.Also Edifier has some speakers in your price range. Haven’t heard them so cannot comment on how they are.
Cheers!

They were good, weren’t they?
I have so many memories associated with these cute little speakers!

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back