Expert opinion needed for Home Theater

prajith

I bought a new 51" plasma TV PS51D550 and I am disappointed with the audio.
So my budget is Rs 25000 5000 to bring good audio capability to my home theater.

In my room the seating position is right at the back wall so surround speakers may not be a good idea.

I am thinking of floorstanding speakers + AVR and maybe add a center later.

My hands are itching to get the Wharfdale Vardus FS at the group buy.
Which AVR should i get considering my budget.

Also movie to music ratio is going to be like 80:20

here is a non expert advice.
For that budget,go for onkyo3400 or yamaha HTIB.
Surrounds will work even if you are sitting right near the back wall. Only thing that they will not be behind you but at the same level. Still they will make difference to the overall experience.
Do you already have an Avr?
Other way is to enjoy even movies in stereo mode(like I do :D). Seems that you are not a surround fan so why not to go for stereo?

Last edited:
thanks jaudere!
No, I do not have a avr.
I have been reading all the threads here at hfv and my first post is the outcome of all the confusion.

So would like to get more opinion on this.
If you have 30K in hand and you watch mostly movies 80% of the time. What would you do to get a good sound experience?

Also. If i go HTIB
Onkyo HTS-3400 or Yamaha YHT-296 or Yamaha YHT-395
these 3 are in the same price bracket.

Considering the budget you have, Onkyo 3400 is a very good buy. If you can extended a bit, then plan for Denon 1912 with a decent FS, Wharfedale should be good.

+1 here.

But as suggested earlier, budget is constraint, go with Onkyo 3400 or Yamaha.

However, my sincerest advice would be to wait some time, accumulate some moolah and then go for a proper HT solution such as:

a) Denon AVR-19xx (40~45k)
b) 5.1 speakers such as Polk RTi, Wharfedale, Tannoy, Mardaunt Short, etc. (70-100k).

The above system should do justice for at least 5 years.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back