Expert opinion required Cd play with DAC (transporter)

mukesh soni

If I use budget DAC
CAMBRIDGE AUDIO MAGIC PLUS
DIGITAL TO ANALOG CONVERTER

DOSE IT MAKES ANY DIFFERENCE
IN CD PLAY
As TRANSPORTER
Cd play with dedicated CD player(high end/budget)
Cd play with dvd/Bluray player

Reply please ....

Matching makes a difference between player and DAC
there is already a thread for that
I would recommend Musical Fidelity transport and Mi DAC
the SPDIF Co Ax Circuit in Transport and SPDIF Circuit on DAC interact
if there is good matching you can hear the difference clearly
it does not depend only on cost of components

Robert Bose

My suggestion is to buy the best DAC you can afford and the cheapest playable CD transport that you can get with a digital out. (Audiophiles are going to hang me for this statement)

Personally, I have been searching for a MF CD transport because it will match my system in looks and hopefully last a long time. I have not bought it till now since the price tag doesn't do justice and is very high.

If you are using a good CDP then you not need any DAC. There will not be any difference in the sound but if you use an ordinary player then it would be.Now a days all the good players are having inbuild DAC in it.Even MF M1 DAC also will not make such difference if you have a good player.But a dedicated cd player sound quality is not comparable with any DVD player or Bluray player.For a good DAC you have to spend at least a lack like Naim DAC and all.

If you are using a good CDP then you not need any DAC.There will not be any difference in the sound but if you use an ordinary player then it would be. Now a days all the good players are having inbuild DAC in it.Even MF M1 DAC also will not make such difference if you have a good player.But a dedicated cd player sound quality is not comparable with any DVD player or Bluray player.For a good DAC you have to spend at least a lack like Naim DAC and all.

A Good Dac can only be established when the source is of good quality along with the whole music chain. Do not expect that using a Naim Dac with our normal samsung mobile phone headsets will sound that great.

Also Even if you have a good CDP then also buying some higher / better DAc than what is in-built may provide better result provided your digital out from CDP is qually error free as it goes internally to the internal DAC.

My suggestion is to buy the best DAC you can afford and the cheapest playable CD transport that you can get with a digital out. (Audiophiles are going to hang me for this statement)

Personally, I have been searching for a MF CD transport because it will match my system in looks and hopefully last a long time. I have not bought it till now since the price tag doesn't do justice and is very high.

CDP has to be good to realize the goodness of your DAC, a cheap CDP may have internal losses to Audio Quality if there is errors in data reading while the CD is spinning and errors do happen, so the stability of the Digital Out from CDP can also be a factor here.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back