Explain your Username and Avatar

Nikhil

Staff member
Saw this on another forum and thought it was fun.

My username is my first name.
In Sanskrit my name means "Complete but with no limits"

My avatar is my self portrait from about a year ago.
I have always practiced using my real name and picture on forums so that I am responsible with my language and behaviour online. Sometimes when one hides behind an online facade one can get tempted into slipping into behaviour that one would not normally do in person. Anyway that is what I think.

Regards

My username is a combination of my first name and last name.
My avatar depicts my rediscovery of my passion for music.
After almost 15+ years I am trying to get back to analogue music (Cassettes and LPs) thanks to the motivation from this wonderful HFV community

My username was earlier displayed as "Nitin K " earlier. Don't know the meaning of my name. All I know that it is a palindrome & can be spelt the same forwards or backwards :). Decided to associate my avatar with music. So took a couple of musical notes from the internet & merged them to my initial.

Last edited:
Another great idea for a thread to bring us all closer :D

User name - I simply love natural surroundings
Avatar - Am a shippie. It's a pic of one of the ships I was on

My username is opposite of what i am. I try to conceal myself online as well as offline and i think maybe that reflects with my username and no avatar.
What's the 12 mean?

I wish I had a funny or witty anecdote to share.
Just tell us about the avatar na

What's the 12 mean?

Just tell us about the avatar na
Hi Naturelover, The picture is of my audio rack I built with the help of an Australian friend who knows carpentry. I had posted earlier about shutting down a Bar that I ran and the pine Bar counter, we used to make the shelves of the rack. Was great to utilise the same and not let it rot away.

I don't think I need to explain....
Rahul, dont tell me that was a term of endearment Frank Sinatra used.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the 12 mean?

when internet was in its nappies i tried to register my username on one site but this username was already taken by some unknown friend so had to append random something. Stuck to this username on many sites.

My user name and dp reveals it all. My cute sumiko pearl cart. First name is the Irish form of John and means 'God is gracious'. Last name is of Portuguese origin which means 'of the forest'.

Last edited:
My username is my email ID. Have it on Google, Yahoo and Hotmail.

My avtar is my car's (VW Vento) A piller fabricated with HAT L1PROR2 and L3PRO. I love listening music in my car audio. Hence made it as my Avatar.

Another thread by Nikhil that’d draw huge participation (also a welcome change in this period). He is a master at this!

My username is my name. I subscribe to Nikhil’s philosophy on this - I’d like people to know me as me. Also, I guess if I use any other username, I’d grow out of it soon.

My avatar is the CD cabinet above my study table. This has western music. (There’s an identical one in the other room with Indian classical and likes. And a few drawerfuls of film music). I am glad I could get most of these imported when Infibeam was doing well - they had tie up with a larger distributor from US and you got good stuff. Alas, now only the costly Amazon is a (limited) option available here in India.

Last edited by a moderator:
user name is the the first 3 letters of my name which I use in most forums and avatar to represent our Hobby, my love for analogue and my favourite cartridge which brings music to life

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back