Extending technique of usb ports

ganendra

I think that one can use an USB Hub to extend their USB ports of their Television.
:yahoo:

Am I right?

I tried it on my LG LED and it didn't work, also I tried extending the USB port with a USB extension cable, that too didn't work as my tv's USB port didn't get anything from the other side of the cable which was one metre long! But with a shorter cable it worked!

I think that one can use an USB Hub to extend their USB ports of their Television.
:yahoo:

Am I right?

How do you mean, "extend?" The point of a USB hub is not extension, as in distance, but to provide multiple ports. Is your TV capable of seeing and dealing with multiple USB devices? (Hmmm... it could be said that it has another purpose: to provide power to devices...)

USB extension in distance is by... longer cables. Or an extension cable. I do not know the specified maximum, but I expect that Google does :). It should certainly be more than 1 metre, but, according to what Alby Tommy has experienced, not everything works as it should!

Okay let me put me in single words what I have experienced: using the hub to add more number of ports didn't work with my tv as it didn't detect the HDD connected to one of the ports, may be my 2year plus old LG had a limited support, may not be the case with yours if your tv supports it.. Secondly I didn't want the HDD to be hanging on the wall so I got a longer USB female male cable of 1 m , this too didn't work, as my tv didn't had enough power to manage the HDD since the cable was too long, again this too may work if your model has the capability.. So it's totally a model depend thing!

It works..... I have tried in my LA6200 and my friend uses it in his Samsung 51'5500 Plasma

Aha, so u were lucky?! or I didnt had any luck on it?! I have another Samsung LED, let me try on that , Thanks for the info, as I had a bad experience, I dint try to follow it again..

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back