External Hard drive

tutanghosh

Hi,
I have two external HDD - one is 128GB about 6yrs old while other is 1TB about 1yr old. I have Sony 47W850 and Airtel STB and both of them cannot recognize 128GB HDD whereas both can recognize the new 1TB one. I tried to format the 128GB with both NTFS and FAT32 but no luck. But the same HDD works well with my old Laptop, be it NTFS or FAT32.
Can anyone let me know what is the issue with the 128GB HDD? Does these new HDTV and Airtel STB does not have backward compatibility with old USB?
Thanks,
Arnab

what is the make and model of each of your hdds and do they come with same type of data cable (USB) if yes then try with swapping them

When ever I see my external drives my mind gets filled with worries and anxiety because I really don't know when it will die !!......

:rolleyes::sad::rolleyes:

I don't know much but if i simple change the cable will the USB version changes? Or is it dependent on the USB version supported by the HDD. Both the HDD are from Seagate but the new one (2012) has different cable from 2007 model. The 2007 model has normal USB port at both the end whereas the new one purchased from USA is somewhat of an elongated but slim USB port. That's why i cannot swap and just test. The 2007 model was actually an laptop HDD from Seagate which i had cased in a different case purchased separately, not came along with the HDD

Yes, USB version matters here and thus your HDD is not recognized by the TV even after changing the file system.

Back