• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

For Sale Extremely RARE Metrum Octave MK1 DAC + Stello U3 combo

Audiolab 6000CDT Dedicated CD Transport
Status
Not open for further replies.

narcissus

Hello Folks,

For your consideration, a Very rare and Very difficult to find on sale in the Market, Internet or our Forum.

I am placing my Metrum Octave Mk1 + Stello U3 combo up for sale. I am in the process of upgrading, hence I have no use for it.

This is one of a VERY RARE handfull of Octave DAC's that does play 192 khz very well.

This Octave is in mint condition, no scratches, no marks and plays wonderful music. I have used it sparingly and have never left it turned-on.

It's the MK1 without the USB, I use it with the Stello U3 usb/spidf converter. I'm sure you've read all the rave reviews, one being the blue moon award winner by 6 moons to say the least.

Though I know this can be sold within minutes out side the forum. I want this to go to a forum member, so I am placing it here first.

This particular unit is in pristine condition and untouched. While I mention "Pristine Condition" in my OP I fully understand the seriousness and the meaning of it.

I wish to sell both the units if you're interested, bought it brand new 8 months ago, I'd say I've used it for less than 50 hrs, so you'll be getting a cracking new unit.

Some interesting links to the products..... (You've probably read them all, if you've done thorough research of this product)

15 USB/SPDIF converters shootout

6moons audio reviews: Metrum Acoustics NOS Mini DAC Octave

6moons audio reviews: April Music Eximus DP1 & Stello U3

6moons audio reviews: Metrum Acoustics NOS Mini DAC Octave

Again, I would like to reiterate regarding the metrum DAC that This is one of a VERY RARE handfull of Octave DAC's that does play 192 khz very well. Only one in 1000 DACs (metrum) made does 192khz" others are only limited to 176khz.

I am expecting a price of Rs. 63,500/-. For both the units, But Im willing to sell them separately also. They can be shipped at the cost and risk of the buyer. Don't worry about packing I can do a pretty good job.

Best regards,
Narcissus

SPONSORED ADS

Attachments

SPONSORED ADS

narcissus

The response was overwhelming, I know Metrum Octave is one of the best vfm Dac's in the Audiophile world, but I never thought that it would garner so much interest.

Thanks to one and all who have shown interest in buying it. The gentleman who confirmed first in buying it has made the payment.

I will close this thread once the lucky new owner receives the items. :clapping:

narcissus

Shipment received by the new owner, I shall close the Thread now. Thank you one and all for your interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SPONSORED ADS