Factory manufactured audio cassettes in Bangalore?

Sandesh

Hi I was wondering if there are still any audio cassette plants in India especially Bangalore or South India that still make professional audio cassettes (pro-dubbed)? I would be really grateful to the person who can help me with any sort of information.

If you are looking for English audio cassettes, then there is a box of Sony audio cassettes of various artists at Rare antiques shop in Avenue Road :)

Hi Guys, I am actually looking for a place that will do proffesional tape dubbing/recording for me. Meaning I want to release albums on tapes and I need a professional place/factory that still does it in India

Hi Guys, I am actually looking for a place that will do proffesional tape dubbing/recording for me. Meaning I want to release albums on tapes and I need a professional place/factory that still does it in India

You can also consider releasing it on Vinyl. Taking this route, more customers can have your album as the current reach of Vinyl is better than cassettes. Any particular reason for which you have chosen cassettes and not Vinyl?

Regards,
Dr. Sunil

Well guys, many reasons...tapes are very big in the underground punk and metal music scenes around the world. A lot of people prefer buying tape as opposed to cds still to date especially in South America/South East Asia. I've had people contact me to release the same album on tape, that I released on cd because they don't like cd. Well I did exactly that and since I couldn't find a tape factory over here(lack of information mostly), I made the tapes in Malaysia (One of the few places in Asia that still has a tape factory). Financially the tapes are almost half the price of the cd (because of the cost of the glass master), and also can be made in 200 numbers (as a minimum). However the fact that I made it in Malaysia increased my price substantially and not to mention more costs will be involved due to shipping (and then if the customs catch it, duty will apply too). Last time I was very lucky that my aunt and my cousins carried 10kgs of tapes through the customs and didnt have a problem. I cant afford to take that risk anymore, so I would like to get the tapes made in India itself!

Last edited:
You can also consider releasing it on Vinyl. Taking this route, more customers can have your album as the current reach of Vinyl is better than cassettes. Any particular reason for which you have chosen cassettes and not Vinyl?

Regards,
Dr. Sunil
I would say the tape buyers are lot more than vinyl buyers, mainly because the price of the tapes is a lot less expensive and a lot more people especially in thirdworld countries in south america/south asia are able to afford more tapes..(2 tapes = 1 CD/ 5-6 tapes = 1 vinyl)

The best idea would be to purchase a used cassette copier from Chennai and make copies on your own on C-60 or C-90 blank cassettes. I can record a master cassette for you using my TASCAM CD A-550 :)

The best idea would be to purchase a used cassette copier from Chennai and make copies on your own on C-60 or C-90 blank cassettes. I can record a master cassette for you using my TASCAM CD A-550 :)

Hi Rajat, would this cassette guy from Chennai be able to screen print on the tape? Also is your A-550 specifically meant for recording? Could you give me details of cost of this player, where you bought it etc? Would be grateful if you could give me some information! Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi Sandesh, I was referring to the used 1:4 cassette copier(Indian make) and I am not sure about the screen print. I will enquire with my contacts about the availability. TASCAM(TEAC Professional) CD-A550 is a CD Player/Auto Reverse Cassette Deck. Its studio quality. I bought it from E&E Systems located in B.Channasandra near Ramamurthynagar underpass. I paid 30K last year. They also have dual cassette deck for which I was quoted 28K last year. Not sure about the cost now. You can call them for further information:
E & E Systems (India) Pvt Ltd

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back