Fans of Television Series

There are a lot of series' that I watch. A few worth mentioning are :
A Confession (SonyLiv) - Martin Freeman (Watson from BBC's Sherlock) : A police officer overlooks the protocol to catch a serial killer. Even after his confession bureaucracy and office politics ensure Steve Fulcher(Martin Freeman) is punished. Its based on a true story and makes a gripping watch.

Aashram S1 and S2 (MX) - Welcome Bobby Deol to the web-series world. Loosely based on the babas and their aashrams of our country, Aashram tells us a story of a Baba Nirala (Bobby Deol) who claims to be the "garibo wala Baba" . Due to this the masses throng to his sabhas and Aashram. The numbers multiply given the casteism in our society. With such power and mass appeal, rapes, murders and corruption become a norm in the Aashram. The serial is taut, with interesting storyline, and some good acting. While Bobby Deol in his calm and soft voice captures the viewer, watch out for Chandan Sanyal who plays Bhopa Swami. He takes the cake and is an amazing actor. He will definitely be seen in a lot of serials. Adhyayan Suman as Tinka Singh does justice to whatever limited screen time he got. Tridha Choudhary(Babita) <3 , Aditi Pohankar (Pammi) and Tushar Pandey (Satti) are very good. I still cannot get over with the hamming of Darshan Kumar(Ujagar Singh) and Anupriya Goenka (Dr. Natasha). Both cannot act. Plus the way they get everything done in an Aasharam and outside where the odds are stacked as tall as Mt.Everest against them, just beats me. Prakash Jha Saab has taken some creative liberties here. All is all its good and decent watch if you are into Hindi serials as well.

PS - Some skin is thrown in but is pixelated ;);)

Reckoning (SonyLiv) - A serial killer is active again after a few years and Det. Mike Serrato (Aden Young) is tasked to find and arrest him. A typical back story about the killer outsmarting the detective is in place and we soon know who is the killer. Reckoning is a passable drama with
Sam Tramwell (From True Blood) playing the High School Counselor. The women in this serial are pretty (at least I thought so) and there is some good acting prowess. Laura Gordon (Candance), Mitzi Ruhlmann (Amanda), Milli Alcock (Sam Serrato), to name a few.
The season ends without an end (??) Shows a second season is in the offing, which was not needed IMHO. Let's see. Watch it only if you don't have anything else to watch.

Aarya (Hotstar) - Exaggerated and overly acted. Sushmita Sen was good in her hey days, she now looks old and the Botox is evident. What started as a promising story, got let down in the middle phase trying to project Ms. Sen's character as the be-all and end-all of everything. I cannot stomach a transformation from a mother or a wife to a killer in one episode. Cliched characters dot this entire series, but I am sure a lot of them would like it. For me, if there is another season, it will be a strict no-no.

Special Ops (Hotstar) - A true GEM out there!! KK Menon as Himmat Singh is just flawless. This is one series that I would recommend you watch if not done already. Keeps you glued to the screen with it's twists and turns. Also, Himmat's interaction with the audit team is just superb! Worth a watch, purely for KK Menon.

Taish(Zee5) - A man, local mafia don, is left crippled after a fight in a bar, there is a wedding happening in another part of the city. Set in the UK, this series is uhmmm...how should I put it, hangs somewhere in the middle. To watch or not to watch types. I took a risk and kinda liked it for one Harshvardhan Rane ONLY. Okay, so, turns out, one guy from the wedding is responsible for this fight. Now why does he do it is still a big question for me. And the obsession after that again is a big mystery. Also, how can a timid doctor becomes a killer in one minute is the trillion dollar question. Rane(Pali)takes this entire series and virtually carries it on his shoulders. His softer side is shown and is a treat to watch with Sanjeeda Shaikh (Jahaan). Pulkit Samrat (Sunny) is a waste. He tries to be the Amitabh or Anil Kapoor of our era. Fails miserably.

Mum Bhai (Zee5) - A gaali in almost every dialogue peppered with G**d, L**d, etc. Story is typically about a gangster raises a kid, the kid becomes a corrupt policeman who is framed and is jailed, fate brings the gangster against the kid, gangster is killed by the kid. Ah! the hindi movies!! This gangster has a kid who now vows revenge. Kahani Khatam. Sikander Kher is the gangster and Angad Bedi is the kid. Some sex scenes with the ladies Sandeepa Dhar, Trishna Mukherjee. Both are beautiful (IMHO). Sameer Dharmadhikari, a very good Marathi actor is wasted as Karekar. His lines have abuses more than a normal word. Why would he play such roles beats me! This series is rated highly on IMDB - and They only know why!

Bhaukaal, Raktanchal, High (MX Player) - Two typical North Indian gangster webseries. Both feature some new faces and decent acting. Bhaukaal is police vs gangsters, while Raktanchal is gangster vs gangster. Watch if you like such serials.

High had a promising storyline. But loses the plot in the middle episodes. A group of scientists discover a drug that can cure drug addiction and reverse its damages without getting addicted to it. Every one ranging from local drug peddlers, high profile dons, to pharma companies want it under their control. The scientists need money 30Crs I think. So they now sell this drug and the typical rigmarole begins. Ranvir Shorey as a hitman kills as one kills mosquitoes in a humid forest. His tracking skills beat all spies and undercover agents. The series had hanging end, so there will be a second season. Dunno, if I'll watch.

More later...

There are a lot of series' that I watch. A few worth mentioning are :
A Confession (SonyLiv) - Martin Freeman (Watson from BBC's Sherlock) : A police officer overlooks the protocol to catch a serial killer. Even after his confession bureaucracy and office politics ensure Steve Fulcher(Martin Freeman) is punished. Its based on a true story and makes a gripping watch.

Sounds intriguing. Thanks for the recommendation!

Best SciFi lost in space 1&2.
A but kiddish...but I lost interest after the first season. My son binged the second the moment it was out. Also, if you are interested, watch Expanse on APV, I think. Its a good one. Star Trek new season is on Netflix. :)

Room 2806: The Accusation on Netflix.

A look at the allegation of sexual assault in a NY hotel against Dominique Strauss-Kahn (DSK), the then president of the IMF and the front-runner in the French presidential race.

Well made series, but it is a really hard watch at times. Especially the reaction of some French folks to DSK’s behaviour.

Mozart in The Jungle - a fictional peek into the world of symphony orchestra conductors and musicians - their work and personal lives, careers, passions and relationships.

https://app.primevideo.com/detail?g...435&territory=IN&ref_=share_ios_episode&r=web

The Undoing - a TV Mini series from HBO Max. popular star cast - Hugh Grant, Nicole Kidman, Donald Sutherland et al, directed by Susanne Bier (of Night Manager fame and emmy winner).

It is a 6 part series - have watched 4 so far - could not wait to share! Gripping and unpredictable for the most part, I'm wondering if this would turn out to be a whodunnit!

The Undoing follows what happens when a couple’s world is turned upside down after a chain of terrible revelations.

Room 2806: The Accusation on Netflix.

A look at the allegation of sexual assault in a NY hotel against Dominique Strauss-Kahn (DSK), the then president of the IMF and the front-runner in the French presidential race.

Well made series, but it is a really hard watch at times. Especially the reaction of some French folks to DSK’s behaviour.
Its next on the list :)

I will post some reviews about the K-Dramas that I watched lately. No mushy stuff, but period and crime dramas.

But let me also tell you about this Spanish series I am watching - The Minions of Midas! I am yet to finish it, but its gripping so far. I will leave you with some salivating details - Victor is recently made an heir by his boss to a huge fortune that includes a newspaper as well. Its unexpected, and bound to raise some eyebrows. Given his humble beginnings, he is not shy of taking on his financiers, a big and successful bank in this case, through his newspaper. Now, he is also blackmailed by a group called The Minions of Midas. He has to pay them 50mill or else they will start killing people randomly. They do come true on their promise and I have reached till the 6th kill so far. The way they merge their murders in the day to day activities make all, except who know about the blackmail, feel like its an accident or natural. Its an interesting watch so far. These Spaniards make some good series' (who can forget the legendary and trendsetting The Money Heist :D )

This series is based on a short story by the same name by Jack London written way back in 1901. More later.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back