Feedback on Jamo E 750 and help with an Amp

Saran Grover

Dear Friends,

After drooling for 8 years, I have now decided to get myself a good audio system. My initial budget of 30K has stretched to 40K.

Had read a lot about Norge speakers and amps..... but cannot have a demo here in Delhi NCR :(
Am getting a pair of Jamo E 750 (Brand New with 2 years warranty) from a store for 27K. Amps- the option I have is of Sherwood, Norge (suggest me what model) or any other suggestions are welcome.

I listen to Sufi, Ghazals, Hindi Oldies, Pink Floyd and Western Classical.

Zero technical knowledge is what I possess.

Are the Jamo E 750 recommended over Norge speakers?

Please Please PLEASE Help me with the Amps. Planning to play them with my comp/ discman.

Suggestions are more than welcome.

Thanks in advance.

With total budget 40k , you are left with 13k for the amp and cables. You can get a norge 1000 and chord carnival silver screen cable in the budget.

Search norge 1000 in hifivision, you can find my reviews. How it pairs with Jamo ? , you have to test it out and decide.

So I shall zero in on the speakers, everyone in here does not recommend Sherwood and my knowledge is what I have been reading in the past few days. What are the options for an amp that I can go for?

The store is suggesting sherwood ax 5505.

Should I shouldn't I?

Dear Kittu, there is no place that I can test a Norge here in NCR. Thus the whole confusion.

Norge 1000 or beg borrow n steal and get Denon PMA 510 AE for 18K sans negotiation?

The entry level marantz would be the best amp to get. Else you'd do good to get the norge.

+1 to it........Check if some one is selling Marantz amp.....u might get a used pm7001, between 15-18k depending on its condition.......i think it wud be n e day better then Norge......as Marantz are known for their musicality.
Thanks and regards........Inder

Post in Wanted section of HFV,with your budget.
U might get lucky if some1 is upgrading from Marantz or n e other equivalent amp.
Check with local (Delhi / NCR) dealers if they wanna part with dere demo piece.
Thodi mehnat mushakkat karrni payegi Grover Saab........Best of luck for ur search

I just checked the specs of the speakers.........u might need a bigger amp to run those due to dere power ratings of 140w @ 6 ohms.....IMO PM7001 might not have enuf power to run dem comfortably.......Tech Gurus, please advice.

Thanks and regards.......Inder

I have been going from store to store since the last one week. This was all super Greek to me. Daudne ko toh tayyar hain sahab, pata toh ho daudna kahan hain :)

Thanks for your inputs- now i shall visit the wanted section as well :)

The current range of amps that are being contemplated upon:

Yamaha RX- 397
Yamaha S 500.
Marantz Entry Level
and a deal on Cambridge Azur 840 v2 (Used and still over the budget)

Please help with ur inputs.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back