Fibreglass filled burlap Bags as corner traps.

chinu_hark

I don't want to spend a lot on acoustics and I don't want to work very hard on DIY. (Probably not the best way to start the thread) but as far as room acoustics are concerned, this is the situation of the majority of the people.
After reading the Quick and dirty bass traps article, I thought of this. Stack up 3 burlap bags (the ones we get our rice and wheat in) filled with non rigid glasswool in the corners. Make a wooden frame, cover it with cloth and DONE! I will cover all 4 corners
My serious question to you experts is whether the difference will be noticeable or so subtle that I will not be able to justify my purchase and time spent on it. The room currently is extremely horrible as it is small(10X12 approx) and the bass is as boomy as it can get. When I had once taken my speakers in another room, it sounded like a totally different system.

You can roll the foam and keep standing and place on both sides of the wall.

I have also seen this in a high-end showroom. A vertical steel rod, one end of which is coiled and bent at right angle to the length of the rod acts as the stand. Of course I won't be able to say how wffective it is, as I haven't heard the before and after. All I can say is there was definitely no boom.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back