Fiio X1 Second gen review

krishtrinity

Almost everyone buying this music player is looking for an alternative to smartphones for listening to music,first of all let me describe who this product is for and not for,if you really like listening to music for hours with headphones and earphones that you have invested a lot of money buying and realizing that soundquality is not satisfying through your phone.For those people this is exactly what you are looking for,sound quality is on another league compared to those iphones and samsungs,this is possible because of dedicated DAC(digital to analog chip) built into the player,it has a PM5422 which is upgraded from the chip in the first generation Fiio DAP which can decode 192hz 24 bit high resolution music files.Unfortunately these doesn't have the external DAC functionality which allows it to use it as a DAC for your laptop or PC,for that you have to buy the fiio x3 second gen.In my experience this fiio x1 has been incredible value,i own couple of high end headphones such as Fidelio x2,Shp 9500 and fidue a73 inear,which i mainly use it with my PC with separate DAC and amplifier to their full potential but when i switch to my one plus one all these HiFi headphones sound like there is a piece of wool in front meaning compressed and there is a loss in detail.Before i bought the X1 i was afraid all those reviews on google are all audiophile talk but once i heard them i knew it was worth every rupee. Sound can be described as detailed with clear treble,clean mids and tight bass,the bass doesn't go as low as my PC DAC but overall the sound is much better than any smartphone i ever heard including iPhone 6s.Finally let me get into who this DAP is not for,if you don't own a good headphone buying this doesn't make any sense,by good i doesn't mean skull candy or those skull crushing bass heavy cans out there.If you felt like there is something missing when listening to music on your smartphone then maybe this may be what you may want to check out.
It's not without it's fault though,you have to buy a micro SD card because the player doesn't come with any storage.I recommend atleast a 64 gb one if you are into music like i am,another issue is the display feels very sharp which makes the cover pic of music look weird.But even with the flaws it is fantastic value and right now there is no other DAP at this price that can give similar value.

GeyxXfd

CuntJoY

MKCXHP7

Almost everyone buying this music player is looking for an alternative to smartphones for listening to music,first of all let me describe who this product is for and not for,if you really like listening to music for hours with headphones and earphones that you have invested a lot of money buying and realizing that soundquality is not satisfying through your phone.For those people this is exactly what you are looking for,sound quality is on another league compared to those iphones and samsungs,this is possible because of dedicated DAC(digital to analog chip) built into the player,it has a PM5422 which is upgraded from the chip in the first generation Fiio DAP which can decode 192hz 24 bit high resolution music files.Unfortunately these doesn't have the external DAC functionality which allows it to use it as a DAC for your laptop or PC,for that you have to buy the fiio x3 second gen.In my experience this fiio x1 has been incredible value,i own couple of high end headphones such as Fidelio x2,Shp 9500 and fidue a73 inear,which i mainly use it with my PC with separate DAC and amplifier to their full potential but when i switch to my one plus one all these HiFi headphones sound like there is a piece of wool in front meaning compressed and there is a loss in detail.Before i bought the X1 i was afraid all those reviews on google are all audiophile talk but once i heard them i knew it was worth every rupee. Sound can be described as detailed with clear treble,clean mids and tight bass,the bass doesn't go as low as my PC DAC but overall the sound is much better than any smartphone i ever heard including iPhone 6s.Finally let me get into who this DAP is not for,if you don't own a good headphone buying this doesn't make any sense,by good i doesn't mean skull candy or those skull crushing bass heavy cans out there.If you felt like there is something missing when listening to music on your smartphone then maybe this may be what you may want to check out.
It's not without it's fault though,you have to buy a micro SD card because the player doesn't come with any storage.I recommend atleast a 64 gb one if you are into music like i am,another issue is the display feels very sharp which makes the cover pic of music look weird.But even with the flaws it is fantastic value and right now there is no other DAP at this price that can give similar value.

GeyxXfd

CuntJoY

MKCXHP7

Alternatives :

Xduoo X3
Hidizs AP60
Shanling M1
Xduoo X10

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back