Finally a Stereo Setup

Hi Guys

Finally after lot of reading(in this forum) and roaming i managed to buy a decent enough stereo setup for myself.I was tight on budget ,literally tight .Had to convince my wife by booking a flat before i invested merely 20k in so called useless hobby of listening to music.Those who are married will understand what i mean...:sad:
What did i buy:
Amplifier: Norge 2060
Speakers: Wharfedale: 9.1

What next:
Decent CD player.
Need help here.Which one to buy looking at the above purchases pls suggest in the price points..
Indian Brand would do just like norge did it for me...

There shud be pre owned Oppos (980/981HD) available, going at vfm prices, if u r up for that option. Lots upgrading to BDP.

Hi Guys

Finally after lot of reading(in this forum) and roaming i managed to buy a decent enough stereo setup for myself.I was tight on budget ,literally tight .Had to convince my wife by booking a flat before i invested merely 20k in so called useless hobby of listening to music.Those who are married will understand what i mean...:sad:
What did i buy:
Amplifier: Norge 2060
Speakers: Wharfedale: 9.1

What next:
Decent CD player.
Need help here.Which one to buy looking at the above purchases pls suggest in the price points..

If you are on a tight budget will suggest you to visit DNM showroom at Ansa Industrial Estate, Andheri (E) for a decent CD player with an inbuilt amplifer (30+30). I have heard them and is available for Rs.8K. You will not be disappointed.

A flat for 20k hi-fi. Man I'm petrified by the mere mention of marriage now! :)

You could get a used CDP. Why not try posting in the Wanted section with your budget.

For that kind of budget, I would seriously look into buying a decent a DVD player which obviously will end up playing CDs as well. Reason is that investing in a CD player is not a financially right move as you will be bit by the upgrade buy and end up changing the whole system. With a DVD player you can atleast move to another location like the bedroom or so and still put it to good use.

Just my suggestions.

A flat for 20k hi-fi. Man I'm petrified by the mere mention of marriage now! :)

You could get a used CDP. Why not try posting in the Wanted section with your budget.
At this rate,you will have buy palace at time of 2nd upgrade.:D

If you are going for norge amp, norge millenium speakers could be a good option as well. For 12k. There is a pair on sale for 8, almost brand new. There is a thread on it.

The DNM CDP retails at 15k. Does not bear DNM Logo and is made is china. I asked the owner mr bajaja why it is made in china, he told me that his manufacturing unit is situated in china for financial reasons. Could not digest that. A third world country outsourcing to China?
Sound quality is average at the best but your opinion may differ on that.

Resale will be huge problem for this non branded thing.
It is a plain Cdp without mp3 playing capability.
I wont expect much from a CDP + AMP in a box costing 15k.

Thanks for the opinion guys.

I started playing some sufi music and some bob marley album on my new stereo setup.
currently i ahve a cheap dvd player which a got free with a LIC policy.:D
The sound i get at my place is a bit booming sound with Norge 2060 and Wharfedale 9.1,which i dint experiece when i auditioned this speakers with same CD.
Is this problem with the DVD player ??i was looking at more of warm sound without booming .
Pls guide...

What next:
Decent CD player.

Contact Savoy, they're one of Yamaha's distributors in Mumbai. See if they have any Yamaha CDX-496 CDPs left, in stock. I purchased one, last year, from them and there were a few pieces left at the time. I paid Rs. 9999/- for it and I purchased it off their store on EBAY, which is no longer on that site. Go there personally, he may have a few of them left in stock. Don't pay more than 8-9 K for it.

Thanks for the opinion guys.

I started playing some sufi music and some bob marley album on my new stereo setup.
currently i ahve a cheap dvd player which a got free with a LIC policy.:D
The sound i get at my place is a bit booming sound with Norge 2060 and Wharfedale 9.1,which i dint experiece when i auditioned this speakers with same CD.
Is this problem with the DVD player ??i was looking at more of warm sound without booming .
Pls guide...
The booming sound could be more because of your room( I assume you heard your set up with cd player at the hi fi store) than the dvd player. You could look at some of the pioneer dvd players like dv420 or so, they sound quite good though not as good as a dedicated cdp. If at all, you are still not satisfied, try a home audition with a cdp and buy if you feel there is a substantial difference.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back