Finally bought Panasonic Viera Plasma TH - P42V20D

rajanvinod

I finally bought Panasonic Viera Plasma TH-P42V20D yesterday... Thanks to HiFiVision.com and to all the members who have helped me make this important decision.

When I began my hunt for a new TV set, I was quite averse to by a plasma TV. Also, most dealers would advise to go in for LCD or LED. But after lot of deliberation and discussion and education from Google & HiFiVision, I chose Plasma over LCD & LED.

I will soon post pictures and my initial experiences with this TV set.

Congrats bud !!! its an awesome TV no doubts.. Do the initial baby sitting and you are all set for long years of enjoyment... :clapping:

Discovery & NGC HD on my Tata Sky+ HD is doing full justice to the TV... Never before seen picture clarity and amazing sound... So happy :)

This forum have witnessed many examples of people who were planning to buy LCD s but finally landing up buying the Panasonic Plasmas (including me) :eek:hyeah: ,,, Well Its A COMPLIMENT :clapping: ,,owing to the suggestions and reviews by the experts down here.... :eek:hyeah: And I hope all are happy with their purchases... I am indeed happy.... :eek:hyeah:

hifivision rocks....

I was about to buy P42V20D but chose to go with Samsung LED 5 series UA40C5000 MRP 71,900/- got it for 42,800 at Gaffar Market, Delhi and I'm not regretting the decision after watching Avatar in Full HD rip on mkv file through my Playon HD DVR... I recommend people to give a try to this option... I saved a cool 17K (over 42V20) and am really impressed by the impeccable picture quality...

Last edited:
I was about to buy P42V20D but chose to go with Samsung LED 5 series UA40C5000 MRP 71,900/- got it for 42,800 at Gaffar Market, Delhi and I'm not regretting the decision after watching Avatar in Full HD rip on mkv file through my Playon HD DVR... I recommend people to give a try to this option... I saved a cool 17K (over 42V20) and am really impressed by the impeccable picture quality...

Congrats.

Is it with bill & warratnty? :licklips:

Gray market ?

@TaureanBull
It carries a Thai International warranty though I dont know how useful it can be in India; The seller has given me a 2 month "seller warranty"
@kittu1977
obviously, but well worth it seeing the price differential...

@TaureanBull
It carries a Thai International warranty though I dont know how useful it can be in India; The seller has given me a 2 month "seller warranty"
@kittu1977
obviously, but well worth it seeing the price differential...

Wow I dint know that Samsung and other brands are available in gray market. I always thought it was pricey SONY which gets good sale in gray :D

@kittu1977 In fact I went for 2xSamsung LED
5 series UA40C5000 40" MRP 71,900/- got for 42,800/- from Gaffar; both supports WiFi+Ethernet port
& 5 series UA32C5000 32" MRP 52,000/- got for 32,750/- from Gaffar
and bought 3rd for a friend - Sony Bravia BX400 40" Full HD MRP 57000/- got for 31,400/-

Links - Beauty that goes beyond skin deep. - UA40C5000 - LED TV - Television | SAMSUNG
Beauty that goes beyond skin deep - UA32C5000QM - LED TV - Television | SAMSUNG
KLV-40BX400 : BX400 Series : BRAVIA LCD TV : Sony India

any one know deals like these in bangalore ? :rolleyes:

National Market , but beware, you wont get any seller warranty. The risk is yours the moment cash passes hands. And my friend who took a flat panel some time back last year found that the international warranty was not honored cuz he was not able to show a proper bill. The chap ran his TV without a stabilizer even while on Genset power, luckily the damage was limited only to the power supply board and it got fixed within 2.5k INR...

National Market , but beware, you wont get any seller warranty. The risk is yours the moment cash passes hands. And my friend who took a flat panel some time back last year found that the international warranty was not honored cuz he was not able to show a proper bill. The chap ran his TV without a stabilizer even while on Genset power, luckily the damage was limited only to the power supply board and it got fixed within 2.5k INR...

Yep , I hear MJ singing Dangerous ;) :lol:

^
why are we always so afraid in life...

dil par hath rakho and say - ALL IZZ WELL...

The only thing in picked up the grey route was my first mobile, luckily nothing went wrong. But i am scared of putting anything beyond 10-15k w\o bill to be honest :)

^
when the price differential is so much that you can pick up 2 tv's for the cost of one, I think its worth going in for; as service centers for the same exist everywhere.. the same samsung service centre will repair your set (in that unforseen circumstance) albeit at a cost... the initial cost saving will still take care of that (if you are hell bent on thinking that you will be unlucky)...

thats it...

Considering the number of replacement cases in most of the new gen tvs (lcd,led or plasma) its always risky to take the gray market route.. :indifferent14:

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back