Finally dedicated home theater in my new house...but....

rajelectron

Hello every one,
Finally my dream has come true to have dedicated room in my newly constructed house....i have upgraded my AVR to poineer vs lx303 which supports 9.2 channel paired with old poineer andrew jones speakers (5 channel)+ taga harmany rb 850 atmos speakers(4 channel)+ kliptch 120sw subwoofer + projector viewsonic px700HD....
tst.jpg
IMG_20190725_165204.JPGIMG_20190725_165132.JPG
Using wall as an projector as of now which i have painted with projector screen paint which was available in amazon....

Planning to upgrade front channel speakers which i felt its bit flat for the room dimension 12x20 feet room sitting position at 11 feet from screen....need suggesion to upgrade my front channel speakers...to get best sound...from my amp....

Congrats on the new house and the room looks beautiful. The sound may feel flat cause for your room size the pioneer lx03 may not be powerful enough. I suggest you upgrade your AVR which has pre-outs and power amp to get an immersive sound stage that fills your room. Before i went for the denon 4500 i had this and 503 shortlisted but since they both dont have crossover settings for individual speakers avoided these models. I recently auditioned the andre jones speakers at my friends place paired with maramtz 6013 and it was very good. He also had it set up in a big Hall but the marantz 6013 did a very good job driving the speakers.

The room looks nice and neat. The wall hangings are lovely. Congrats rajelectron.

Consider doing some acoustical treatment and see if it improves the sound to your liking. In my opinion, expensive speakers, expensive AVR, Poweramp might not do justice for the price if the acoustics of the room is bad.

Also, darken the wall surface near the screen if possible. This will further improve the contrast of the projected image.

Cheers.

Hello every one,
Finally my dream has come true to have dedicated room in my newly constructed house....i have upgraded my AVR to poineer vs lx303 which supports 9.2 channel paired with old poineer andrew jones speakers (5 channel)+ taga harmany rb 850 atmos speakers(4 channel)+ kliptch 120sw subwoofer + projector viewsonic px700HD....
View attachment 37661
View attachment 37663View attachment 37664
Using wall as an projector as of now which i have painted with projector screen paint which was available in amazon....

Planning to upgrade front channel speakers which i felt its bit flat for the room dimension 12x20 feet room sitting position at 11 feet from screen....need suggesion to upgrade my front channel speakers...to get best sound...from my amp....
Wonderful setup. Enjoy! It looks like you deserve better speaker for this big room. All the best!

Hello every one,
View attachment 37661
View attachment 37663View attachment 37664

Very Nice Room... Enjoy...
One of my Forum friend...Many people are very Happy with Sony/ Samsung HTiB ,but we people never gets satisfied..
Enjoy buddy.. Slowly you can upgrade it.
A good LCR and a good amplification is an important factor one to enjoy movies.Also one of the least accounted one is room acoustics.Its a very important one.Many of us are crying because of this room factor.

Looks good ! Enjoy...

Placement of center speaker can be little up .. i guess. As long as you are hearing dialog clearly ..then fine.

Congrats on the new house and the room looks beautiful. The sound may feel flat cause for your room size the pioneer lx03 may not be powerful enough. I suggest you upgrade your AVR which has pre-outs and power amp to get an immersive sound stage that fills your room. Before i went for the denon 4500 i had this and 503 shortlisted but since they both dont have crossover settings for individual speakers avoided these models. I recently auditioned the andre jones speakers at my friends place paired with maramtz 6013 and it was very good. He also had it set up in a big Hall but the marantz 6013 did a very good job driving the speakers.
thanks for the feedback...but i recently upgraded from onkyo HTIB amp to poineer vsx lx 303...cann't upgrade for couple of years.....suspecting the speaker's....as the same amp is working in one of my friend room of almost same room size...he has focal speaker but those r expensive...

Last edited:
The room looks nice and neat. The wall hangings are lovely. Congrats rajelectron.

Consider doing some acoustical treatment and see if it improves the sound to your liking. In my opinion, expensive speakers, expensive AVR, Poweramp might not do justice for the price if the acoustics of the room is bad.

Also, darken the wall surface near the screen if possible. This will further improve the contrast of the projected image.

Cheers.
thanks....
am planing to enhance speakers first hence considering the room acoustics as a last option....due to low budget .....
planning to add below sheets for better sound....but not sure will that really improve sound quality.....suggestions are welcome... :)

Last edited:
Very Nice Room... Enjoy...
One of my Forum friend...Many people are very Happy with Sony/ Samsung HTiB ,but we people never gets satisfied..
Enjoy buddy.. Slowly you can upgrade it.
A good LCR and a good amplification is an important factor one to enjoy movies.Also one of the least accounted one is room acoustics.Its a very important one.Many of us are crying because of this room factor.
Thanks....true ....need to upgarde slowly to make it perfect HT room .........planing to start upgrading LCR which can get best output from my AMP....then i can consider the room acoustic thing...

great, you have over come, the biggest hurdle, not having a dedicated room... most of us here sharing the living room.

OT, are those wall hangings, paintings or prints? where you sourced them from?
Thanks...those are canvas printing(Ravi varma paintings) from amazon....check here for collection

@rajelectron

Nice room! is the lens zoom aligned for 16:9 aspect ratio?
At 20' the room is long enough to accommodate AT screen and speakers behind.
I can see a lot of reflecting surfaces... try some acoustic treatment.
You will see a lot improvement in your existing setup.

happy watching!

thanks....
am planing to enhance speakers first hence considering the room acoustics as a last option....due to low budget .....
planning to add below sheets for better sound....but not sure will that really improve sound quality.....suggestions are welcome... :)
Basic Acoustic treatment doesn’t cost a lot. Buy some rockwool slabs, install it in a frame and hang it on the wall. Many tutorials are available online. You can also put carpet on the floor.

thanks for the feedback...but i recently upgraded from onkyo HTIB amp to poineer vsx lx 303...cann't upgrade for couple of years.....suspecting the speaker's....as the same amp is working in one of my friend room of almost same room size...he has focal speaker but those r expensive...
Ok in that case compare the speaker sensitivity. Get a speaker with high sensitivity. May be your friends speakers have higher sensitivity ratings compared to your pioneer.

Finally my dream has come true to have dedicated room in my newly constructed house....

Congrats, looks like "King size" entertainment room..

+1 .. I too would recommend DIY Acoustically Transparent screen, you can neatly hide the speakers behind the screen and elevate the center speaker to ear level.. I too have AT screen in my living room.. But yours is dedicated room, you should have more flexibility in adding them..

Nice room...enjoy your new set up. But in my opinion the shiny floor and the proximity of the wall to the left speaker need to be looked into at the earliest. Even a thick rug will take care of most reflections.

@rajelectron

Nice room! is the lens zoom aligned for 16:9 aspect ratio?
I can see a lot of reflecting surfaces... try some acoustic treatment.
You will see a lot improvement in your existing setup.

happy watching!
Thanks ....yes lens were alligned properly...

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back