Finally Disney-Hotstar and Eros Now rolls out 5.1 surround sound

ISO

NF and Amazon prime are not the only streaming players in India that offers surround sound. Finally Disney-Hotstar and Eros Now rolls out 5.1 surround sound on select tittles.

I checked it this on 'Star wars series of Disney-Hotstar of VIP membership. Can someone confirm about Eros Now?

I checked in Eros now. But, i could not find any movie with 5.1 audio. I am waiting when Disney-Hotstar will release Indian movies with 5.1 audio. As of now, D-H have released Indian Original series like Special Ops, 100 & Aarya with 5.1 audio.

I watched Special ops but it was streamed only in 2.0 audio
It was released in 5.1 audio around 2-3 weeks back only. I watched it in D-H app in nvidia shield. It played in dolby 5.1 audio. Dolby logo was also visible in the main menu while playing special ops.

Hotstar started 5.1 surround support with the release of Mandalorian. However, no of tiles with 5.1 sounds is pretty limited in their inventory.

I checked "Aarya" yesterday on Horstar VIP and it was Dolby+ on both FireTV Stick as well as Mi Box.

"The platform has announced that some movies will come with support for Dolby Atmos at launch, including ‘Bajirao Mastani', ‘Manmarziyan', and ‘Action Jackson'. In order to watch these titles in Dolby Atmos"

I am using Nvidia SHield TV Pro...watched Lootcase and Aarya, both were in 5.1. I think all the latest movies are in 5.1 now in hotstar. Not subscribed to eros as of yet.

Update: Finally surround sound is enabled for Hot star hindi movies also and quality is way better than Amazon.
Thanks, not checked Hotstar for long. Didn't liked the sound. Now that it is offering 5.1, I'll check again.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back