Finally DVD player that plays MKV..

RishabhRaj

does anybody have a review of ACOUDIO's DVD player, it's priced at 6k and plays mkv formats as well. along with digital audio outputs and HDMI upscaling...

i dont have much idea about the company too. so if nebody knows pl. help

Samsung D5100 bluray player plays all the above including bluray disks and costs 6.4k.

Last edited:
My friend got the 5100 for 3.7K ( yes, thats correct!) from Vijay Sales last week....they seem to have sold out their stocks. Only prob is this model is not code free for DVDs and there does not appear to be a hack available. The remote does not have the "repeat" button and so cannot try the other Samsung hacks already available on the net.

@jbgude,
thanks for that pal. that's a super-dooper price!! no wonder it's sold out :p

I don't quite get all this fuss about "Region code". I bought a philips dvd player years ago, from either a croma or vijay sales, don't remember. But till date, I never encountered any region problems with any of my dvds...What is the region for the D5?

What are the various region codes? Which is the most common which would be a must-have on a dvd player?

txx

Killerhertz, in short, the world of DVDs are divided into 8 "regions" and Blu-ray into 3 "regions", each country(like India) belongs to one of these regions. If you buy or play DVDs only from India, then you have no reason to bother.

If you are interested, a simple search of "DVD Blu-Ray region codes" on Google will give you all the information.

The samsung BD-D5100 does have a repeat, shuffle, all option. When playing a song press tools and it is the first option.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back