Finally found the right subwoofer for killer price.

krishtrinity

Below review is written by me on amazon.in and i am too lazy to write another one.Review is of Thonet and Vander SW10 subwoofer which is available at amazon.in right now.Will upload pics later and also a proper review.

This review is coming from an audiophile,i own a high end speaker and amplifier,but because the speaker has only 4 inch drivers it lacked bass.I was looking for a subwoofer for long time when i accidentally stumbled across this subwoofer in amazon,it was listed as monitor speaker and had to double check the picture and look online to make sure it was real.Even looking at picture i was surprised the build quality,i have used enough speakers in my life to know a properly build subwoofer just by looking at the picture.I was also surprised their website was so well designed.In the end i decided to risk getting the sub.At the price it was selling there are no other subwoofer matching the quality and features of this subwoofer,it has low level speaker input and output,high leve input and output,crossover,phase control and not to mention the excellent build quality,now onto sound,in the website it says this subwoofer has 100w amp inside it,from my experience it usually mean it was peak power.First time i played a song i was blown away,the bass was so controlled and tight,there was no resonance or vibrations which is present on similarly priced subwoofers and even more expensive ones.This is perfect subwoofer for music,tried everything from EDM to metal and it never disappointed me,next i tried Captain america bluray the fight between cap and Bucky,and the bass was insane,explosions felt like it shook the whole house,the bass is so dynamic that it come from nowhere when you never expect it.Now to try horror movies..

Hi Krish,

Good One, For 15.5K if you are getting Thumping Bass then that's great.Just give the complete Review also share some info about the Warranty\Service info. This information would give a way for the people who are looking for a Decent Subwoofer in limited Budget.

Sub looks fantastic.
Curious to know what it compares like to other subs.

How big is your room? Which subs have you owned before this?

Sub looks fantastic.
Curious to know what it compares like to other subs.

How big is your room? Which subs have you owned before this?

This is my first subwoofer,but i had heard the pioneer 8 inch subwoofer sw8mk2 and to my opinion these are more powerful.I have placed this subwoofer on the living room and at half the gain dial,glass at my bedroom vibrates.Also the build quality is much better than any subwoofer in the same price,even Indian made subwoofers.I have a large living room and this subwoofer has no problem at all with such large space.I first set it up on my pc but i found it was too powerful for me to use it in a bedroom setup.

Last edited:
Hi Krish,

Good One, For 15.5K if you are getting Thumping Bass then that's great.Just give the complete Review also share some info about the Warranty\Service info. This information would give a way for the people who are looking for a Decent Subwoofer in limited Budget.

I recommend you contact the seller in their facebook page or through gmail,they are very friendly and are looking to expand their consumer base in India,warranty is one year and they said if there are any problems i have to contact the seller that i purchased from(overclockers club),i just purchased the subwoofer and i need time to set it up and give it a proper listen,i have only listened to it for few hours and will write a review once i had listened to some of my favourite albums and movies

If anyone can give me suggestions on properly setting up the subwoofer,it would be huge help.I mean crossover,placement and phase control.

If anyone can give me suggestions on properly setting up the subwoofer,it would be huge help.I mean crossover,placement and phase control.

Check your full Front Speakers for their frequency response. If they go from say 65hz to 20khz, that means those speakers cant play sounds that havea a frequency of less than 65 hz. Thats where your low pass crossover (on the subwoofer) should be placed. Then the Sub will take over below 65hz to what ever lowest it can play and you will have the full range of frequencies played to you without any overlapping.

As for phase. From my experience, going to 180 Degree gives a slightly harder but shorter beat. Its better for say EDM music. But if you are playing smoother bass lines like jazz and rock, best to leave it at 0 Degrees.

is there LFE support in the sub ? what is a sub which will have this(at this price point) ? Also the specifications state 30hz - 20khz .. for this sub on the site is this ok ?

is there LFE support in the sub ? what is a sub which will have this(at this price point) ? Also the specifications state 30hz - 20khz .. for this sub on the site is this ok ?

30HZ-180HZ,i was also surprised when i saw 20k hz,turns out that was wrong information.Anyway i have not yet tested if sub can reach upto 30hz but when i watched movies it really felt like it could reach very low frequencies.I will use test tones and check if the sub can actually reach 30HZ,i use a stereo marantz amplifier which i connected to the sub from sub out,sub in is connected to schiit modi DAC.No idea about the other subwoofers,the only subs i could find at this price is polk sub which i found to be below average in quality,then pioneer not as powerful but still good for music.

I wouldn't look too much into a manufacturer's specs. They are quite often bloated.
Independent testing and measurements is what I would look for.
IMHO, even if the specs aren't bloated, ears should decide and not specs. :)

It has both High Level and Low Level inputs. The high level inputs/outputs look more like HTIB connectors than HiFi.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyh6QpJpfgM

Odd that it mentions 30Hz to 20KHz. If you look at the website it has a measurements chart (not sure how accurate it is or even if the chart is one of this sub). The chart shows that It has steep roll off starting at 100Hz. Between 80 and 40Hz it drops by at least 12dB!! If the chart is accurate, I wouldn't touch this sub. It could work out to be more of a mid-bass unit.
http://www.thonet-vander.com/sw10.html

I wouldn't look too much into a manufacturer's specs. They are quite often bloated.
Independent testing and measurements is what I would look for.
IMHO, even if the specs aren't bloated, ears should decide and not specs. :)

To my ears it is perfect,Watching bluray of madmax fury road.I could feel my sofa vibrating so that is good.Music was also great.

It has both High Level and Low Level inputs. The high level inputs/outputs look more like HTIB connectors than HiFi.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyh6QpJpfgM

Odd that it mentions 30Hz to 20KHz. If you look at the website it has a measurements chart (not sure how accurate it is or even if the chart is one of this sub). The chart shows that It has steep roll off starting at 100Hz. Between 80 and 40Hz it drops by at least 12dB!! If the chart is accurate, I wouldn't touch this sub. It could work out to be more of a mid-bass unit.
SW10
In Subwoofer it is 30hz-180hz crossover

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back